Does he just want a hook-up?

fwang

I met him through friends in a club when I was visiting Dallas. He and my friend work in the same company but different departments.

When I am sober, I don't talk to guys normally. Once getting buzzed, I become very flirting and aggressive. So that night, I was drunk and hit on him a lot. We ended up making out in the dancing pool. I remembered that he asked if I wanted to go home with him and I said no because I don't sleep around.

Next night, he and I met up with my other friends for partying again. This time, I was not that drunk and we hit it off. We talked a lot.

He got divorced last December. His ex-wife is his high school sweet heart. They got married right after the college and stayed together for 6 years until he caught his wife cheated on him, twice. And after the divorce, he started to go out a lot with friends. According to him, he doesn't know how to flirt and how to pick up girls, and he has a high standard, so he doesn't like other "party guys". But I doubt it because he did ask me if I wanted to go home with him on the first night we met.

2 weeks later, he drove 200 miles to visit my city and we spent the whole weekend together. We partied, had a zipline adventure, went swimming and had with my friends. We slept on the same bed for 2 nights and only made out. No sex.

This week, I am going to Vancouver for the vacation. I told him about it, and I made this kind of comment, "If you want to see me, why don't fly to Vancouver to visit me since you also have family members there". So this Tuesday, he booked his ticket flying to Vancouver to visit his family and me this weekend.

The thing is, when we were spending time together, we acted very into each other. But when we are in two different cities, we barely communicate, just some random messages.

I am confused by his intention...

Maybe he's afraid to get close to you because things aren't progressing.

He's making effort to come see you. I mean...who would drive 200 miles just to get laid?

I think now you should decide if you want to take this to the LDR level or not. If so, then take a chance and sleep with him. It's not "sleeping around" now.

If not, then let him know, be friends, and probably watch things drift away. He's holding back because he's looking for some valid reason to commit to you on a long distant level.

Movingthrough

Yeah he is def. interested or he would not make the effort. You may want to lay it out because he really could be kind of clueless with what to do considering he is new to dating etc. He also probably holds onto feelings for the ex only because that is a painful thing when you get cheated on. When my ex left me i would drive to meet this girl and hang out, in my head i still wasnt over my ex but needed to get out etc. Your guy is making a huge effort though so something is there, you may just want to lay it all out.