He's finally asked me on a date - day and place but no time set

katebronte

A guy I've known for years finally mustered up the courage to ask me out after a little push from a mutual friend. He's specified the day and place but no meet up time and location. I replied and told him I was busier earlier in the day but could meet him later a couple of days after he first asked, and it's only been a couple of days since then but the date set is for this Thursday - in four days time and I'm just getting a little freaked that all the details haven't been set yet. This may be an overreaction, as I know he's incredibly shy and not very good with women, but I'm one of those people that likes to have plans organised and know what I'm doing.

What should I do and when should I actually start freaking out?

Also, any advice for the first date? We've known each other for ages and get on great but have only mildly flirted and have always been in a social setting surrounded by a group.

Thanks! :)

Total overreaction to worry now. My BF and I didn't set up the time till the day before our first date, and we're working out just fine. Give it a little time!

• Author

Yes I thought it might be a bit early to panic, but it's now the day before. Should I drop him a message to confirm, how should I phrase it to sound casual?

Yes I thought it might be a bit early to panic, but it's now the day before. Should I drop him a message to confirm, how should I phrase it to sound casual?

It's still early! Let him write/call you. He will.