Better to have loved than never loved before...true?

LoveandSuch

Isn't it better to have loved than never loved before? I deeply feel this quote to be true for myself. I do not want a relationship full of the questions I read on this forum.

I have had 2 of the best relationships of my life and they were fun, drama free, fascinating, and full of infatuation.

We were not tied down with BS, but share(d) what words cannot describe or explore.

Too many weeks ago for me, Crimson and Clover playing in the background, it was hot in our loveshack, I mentioned I needed to shave my kitty before we ran out to the beach. He grinned mischieviously, so sexy, and asked if he could shave my kibble and bits. I staled for a quick moment and shyly thought maybe not, but quickly changed my mind and said sure.

it was the sexiest and most memorable moment in my life! He had a plastic bowl with soap and water, place my feet up and back, my private gyno, and dipped my pink daisy, and with shaving cream, shaved so lightly, so sexily, and made the cutest comments while playing around, shaving. We shared such an intimate moment full of laughs, giggles, and unimaginable bliss.

It is these moments in life, even if short lived, and impossible to turn into a long term relationship, that matter the most and are the most rewarding. :love:

Yeah, I agree with you 100%.

I've been there before, once, was with an amazing woman, an artist, lovely and full of life.

Had the youngest spirit I've ever seen; We'd talk for 8-12 hours each day (essentially all of our free time out of work and sleep).

Never argued either, ever.

And the sex.. I won't even start with it, hours of sex every day, hours! Did everything imaginable.

And then my heart was torn into pieces when we broke, felt like someone punched a whole in my chest and ripped it out.

For a full year I was walking around with a feeling of a whole in my chest (I could actually feel it).

Everywhere I'd go I'd see her face.

Drove me insane really.. Took me another year to get over her (as much as you can really, a piece of her will always stay in me).

Yet, even though I suffered so much I don't regret a moment of it.

If I could turn back time, I'd do it all over again, wouldn't change a thing.

• Author
Yeah, I agree with you 100%.

I've been there before, once, was with an amazing woman, an artist, lovely and full of life.

Had the youngest spirit I've ever seen; We'd talk for 8-12 hours each day (essentially all of our free time out of work and sleep).

Never argued either, ever.

And the sex.. I won't even start with it, hours of sex every day, hours! Did everything imaginable.

And then my heart was torn into pieces when we broke, felt like someone punched a whole in my chest and ripped it out.

For a full year I was walking around with a feeling of a whole in my chest (I could actually feel it).

Everywhere I'd go I'd see her face.

Drove me insane really.. Took me another year to get over her (as much as you can really, a piece of her will always stay in me).

Yet, even though I suffered so much I don't regret a moment of it.

If I could turn back time, I'd do it all over again, wouldn't change a thing.

Awwww...I like your memory. The hole in the heart, as much as it hurt, at least you have the beautuful memories, and not ones of spite and a bad history. Heartache not hate.

I'd definitely believe it's better to have loved and lost, than never to had loved at all.

I'm not risk averse. Love's been the best gamble every time.

Awwww...I like your memory. The hole in the heart, as much as it hurt, at least you have the beautuful memories, and not ones of spite and a bad history. Heartache not hate.

Yeah.. Even if I tried really hard, I can't think of anything bad!

By the way, the way you are typing, really reminds me of her, she was really like this, easy going, lovely, passionate.. Like a butterfly.

AHardDaysNight

I'm nearing 30, and still haven't kissed a girl or been in a relationship. Also still a virgin.

I feel definitely that it would have been better to have loved and lost...however, I can only move forward from here. I'm not dead...yet!...and until I am, I still have the chance to love.

It's sad that so many guys have given up, though. They shouldn't have to.

Severely Unamused

Mixed feelings about this question.

Love can be beautiful and invigorating, and love can be twisted and self-destructive.

There are some posters on the Infidelity, OW and OM, Breaking Up, Separation and Divorce, and Coping boards that have said that their love wasn't worth the loss.

Personally, even though I am in a failing relationship, I would do it all again if I had the chance. The good outweighs the bad.

Edited by Severely Unamused
  • Author
Yeah.. Even if I tried really hard, I can't think of anything bad!

By the way, the way you are typing, really reminds me of her, she was really like this, easy going, lovely, passionate.. Like a butterfly.

Hmmmm, and to think I was drawn in by your Avatar, mannerisms, and your approach using words;)

Hmmmm, and to think I was drawn in by your Avatar, mannerisms, and your approach using words;)

Thank you for the the compliment.

I wonder.. what ever could that mean? ;)