just a hookup or more?

misskat

so this might get kinda long but i really need some advice.

i have know this guy for about 15 years and never really hung out or showed interest in each other until about 2 years ago. we started texting but i was in a relationship and it never really led to much and we stopped talking. now i am single and we have been texting again for a couple of months but not every day. the other night i was out and sent him a text and he invited me over to his house. we hung out and talked and watched a movie and ended up hooking up i ended up staying until about 4am. now im just confused about if it was just a hook up to him or more. i texted him the next day and the convo didnt really go far. i know he is sexually attracted to me just not sure if i should look for a relationship with him or not. and i also know that it is prolly too soon to discuss it with him

here are some more details about the night:

he was very playful and joking with me when we were talking. we talked about alot and he told me alot about himself. when he kissed me he looked into my eyes and touched my face and he kissed me passionatly. when i left he told me to text him when i got home so he knew i got there ok.

I'm not sure if there is enough information in this post to determine if this was just a hook up or not. What was your friendship like before the night? Has he given you any indication that he liked you more than a friend, and if so, how? Would he really risk ruining a friendship for a hook up in your opinion?

I think give it some time, if he doesn't initiate contact in the next few days that may be a sign. If he does contact you, does he refer to the night in question and imply a positive vibe....using words like 'will' instead of 'would' when talking about the future eg 'I know I will have a good time' instead of 'I know I would have a good time.'

Regardless-just act cool, calm and collected. Let him make the next contact, as you made the first contact after the night in question.

• Author

we were never really good friends before we started talking a couple years ago just talked from time to time. he actually came in to the place i work a couple weeks ago and acted very happy to see me and after that we talked alot before the night we hooked up. i do really like him but i am not in a big hurry to really get into a relationship very fast....i have 2 kids. i just really enjoy talking to him and dont want that to stop. we have talked but no more or less than before the hookup. niether of us have mentioned that night. i would like to add that that night he did say that the next time would have to be sometime other than the middle of the night. im just not really sure what to do next if anything...i dont want to scare him away lol

Did you at least get an orgasm out of it?

Im shocked to have learned that most women dont get orgasms out of hookups. No wonder they dont like it. :D

Have a read of my posts that I started. I think you and I are in a similar position...only differences being I don't have kids, but he does.

I think that if he texts you or mentions a future thing-that is a good sign. Just go with the flow, don't act differently to when you did before that night. For instance, I just caught up with the guy I liked for coffee...things were slightly uncomfortable, but in a good way. He was happy to see me, we talked like normal-the only difference (to when we usually have coffee) was he walked me to my car. No kiss though.

Do let him text you next though. The guy I liked text me first after we got together over the weekend. Let him do some work, that way he can go at his pace, which would be good if you don't want to freak out!

Why did you go over to his house like that anyway, if you would rather date him than hook-up with him?

Sounds more like a HU than anything else, even with all the details you keep adding. Men also like romance and kissing, so those really don't mean a lot as to his true feelings. I would look more at the fact that he has never asked you out, but he did ask you to come over late and he did take advantage of the fact that you would have sex with him.

• Author

i went over to his house because i am human and enjoy sex lol. we both know that we are attracted to each other.

maybe it wasnt the best move since i do want more out of it than that and i know this.

on to my next question....how long do i wait to hear from him before i give up hope?

Yeah-what's done is done. No use in crying over split milk...so they say!

I dont know how long, but other posters have told me 3-4 days. But I guess each situation is different. I think the best thing for you is to chill out, keep busy and have no expectations. Just be yourself.

I know if I had not heard from him in 3-4 days, I would ask him to go for a coffee...primarily because I wouldn't be able to help myself. Although I'm pretty sure that others would say this was the wrong thing to do.