Is it shallow not want date guys with false (or missing) teeth?

samsungxoxo

samsungxoxo

Well if the false (fake) teeth are obvious then it's digusting. Or if the guy has one missing tooth or a couple of them... ewwwwww

That's what will gross me out completely on a date. I can't understand why don't some people take care of their teeth. It's not so difficult brushing them or at least get a check-up once in a while.

I'm very proud of having all my normal teeth. I won't be wearing those false sets some elderly have.

Edited by samsungxoxo
mortensorchid

Shallow? Well, yes it is, but you would be surprised how many people will judge you based on the condition of your teeth. If you had a few teeth missing, would you be hired for a job where you had to greet the public in any way? You wouldn't.

• Author
samsungxoxo
Shallow? Well, yes it is, but you would be surprised how many people will judge you based on the condition of your teeth. If you had a few teeth missing, would you be hired for a job where you had to greet the public in any way? You wouldn't.
I have no missing teeth at all, all of them are there even the 4 small wisdoms.

I almost always brushed them 3 times a day. It's not hard keeping them clean and away from bacteria.

I just don't see how can someone have even 1 missing tooth. I can understand if it was due to an accident but otherwise, you can take care of them.

In my youth I had an accident which damaged three of my teeth. Two are at the back and can't really be seen, and I had the front one repaired with a cap. It's impossible to notice unless I open my mouth wide and point it out.

I can't understand why someone wouldn't have their teeth repaired if they damaged them. Dentures are just gross, and there are alternatives such as a crown or a bridge which are permanently fixed in the mouth. While I'm happy to date someone with imperfect teeth, I wouldn't want to date someone whose teeth are a mess when there's treatment available to fix them and they just haven't bothered.

I just don't see how can someone have even 1 missing tooth. I can understand if it was due to an accident but otherwise, you can take care of them.

I guess some people can't afford it? Teeth are pretty expensive.

That said I get turned off by bad teeth as well.. even yellowing etc...

Professor X
I have no missing teeth at all, all of them are there even the 4 small wisdoms.

I almost always brushed them 3 times a day. It's not hard keeping them clean and away from bacteria.

I hope you know that there are plenty of diseases out there that can cause you to lose teeth.

Gingivitis, if I recall correctly, is the most common disease in the world.

I guess some people can't afford it? Teeth are pretty expensive.

My guess that would be the reason for most people, the other being dental phobia.

xoxoDaniellexoxo

My uncle is a cosmetic dentisit (not bragging at all!!! i SWEAR) and my one cousin knocked an adult tooth out and his work looked real, but when I asked how much it usually is I can understand why people will say no!! And I can say I wouldn't want to have a tooth put back in because needles scare me much less a needle in my mouth :sick:

Professor X
No. It is a preference, although some people on LS think preferences are shallow. :laugh::rolleyes:

I think visible missing teeth look horrible.

Well, everything related to physical appearance is considered shallow, but in reality, well, it's just what makes people tick, or part of it...

Not shallow. You can't stop something from being disgusting if it disgusts you. It's like telling a guy he's shallow because he's disgusted by another man's dick. :laugh:

Edited by Zaphod B

One never knows what life is going to throw at them. Enjoy those young men with pearly whites. Your lives could change drastically a minute from now. Enjoy now.

Like most other things physical, ones condition is a combination of nature (genetics) and nurture (care and example). You (OP) were blessed with good dental structure and you take care of it. Your preference is your preference. I'd say go with it.

If I'm not mistaking, I think it was Vogue that had their female reader base send in a list with their 10 biggest turn-offs in men. Guess what was statistically the nr1 turn-off of most women. Bad teeth. So you're certainly not the only girl/woman to think like this.

Philosophically seen one could probably argue that it's shallow, but would it be fair/reasonable if someone really held that against you, I don't think it would be.