Talk about a small world

Man, talk about a small world. There is this woman that goes to my church that is single. WE've been going there a while. She's very attractive. Great smile, seems lady like and demure.

I have seen her there for years, but never made a move.

Several years ago, I saw her on a dating site and contacted her there, and she did respond and thanked me, but thought our age diff was too great. This was when I was in my early 30's and she was in her late 30's.

But still, there had been times at church where we'd see each other, kind of say "Hi" acknowledge each other these past few years later. Just thought I wouldn't attempt a conversation with her, or walk her to her car, because since she turned me down, that any approach would be taken as being pushy. So I let her walk her own direction and I walk my own.

On Easter Sunday, after services were letting out, the pastor said that there was some interesting books / reading material that he had available for our choosing, it was one book actually. It was sitting on the table. But I passed it up, didn't see it as anything interesting. But she was by the door handing out the books, too....and she was smiling at me, and actually was kind of in awkward position to hand it to me, and she reaches out with the book to have me take it from her. And I said, "Oh thank you."

Hadn't seen her online for a while, then she suddenly appears online on another dating site I've been on. Seen her there.

One thing I did notice...she's put an age up, and well.....she appears to be only 2 years older than me?? If I do my math correctly, I almost recall the last time I met her, she was like 6 years older. LOL (did she fib on her profile? LOL)

Wow, I guess our age differences aren't so big after all, well...according to HER. LOL

Anyhow, I contacted her with a "long time no see" message and "Nice to see a familiar face"

Wondered what she was up to, and hadn't seen her since she handed me that book (figured I'd use the reading material as an icebreaker).

You think me making another attempt after all this time might be okay and not too creepy?

Nothing venture nothing gained. Just be nice about it, don't even bring up the age thing you mention and just see if she is interested. If she isn't then back off and continue to be polite.

... and people say young love is difficult... I think all love is difficult, but enjoyable...

youngskywalker

If it's been year(s) in between contact then I don't think it will come across as creepy at all. Besides, she has shown some potential interest.

I think you need to up your game a little though. She turned you down in the past and there was a reason for that. The age issue was potentially just an excuse. Any ideas as to why she might have turned you down the first time besides the age thing?

Do you know much about this girl and do you have any common interests? How far did your conversations go online? My gut tells me she passed you up the first time because she wasn't interested and used age as a excuse. But that doesn't mean she can't have some interest now. Especially since it's been a few years.

• Author
I think you need to up your game a little though. She turned you down in the past and there was a reason for that. The age issue was potentially just an excuse. Any ideas as to why she might have turned you down the first time besides the age thing?
There's no way of knowing, I'm not a mind reader, so I just go off whatever reason was given to me.

Suprised she's been single all this time, she's very attractive....an attractive SINGLE women in small areas are very rare, most are married.

I think it would have been better in person, but unfortunately you haven't seen her since Easter, right? I took a two year hiatus from online dating for a LTR and when I came back, many of the same men were still there. The ones that I wasn't interested in, unfortunately. I did find it a little off-putting, actually, when they contacted me. I also found it weird that someone I rejected on one site contacting me on another site a week later. This was more a response to HOW they did it though, than the fact that they did.

I think it's good that you're taking the initiative and just seeing what happens. It's refreshing to see someone being proactive, and not creepy. Good luck.

Suprised she's been single all this time, she's very attractive....an attractive SINGLE women in small areas are very rare, most are married.

Say the same thing about yourself and your aura will change.

She was doing her job at church being friendly and handing out books. That's it, IMO.

Some people lie in their dating profiles. I would presume that applies whether they kneel on Sunday or not. Having been an altar boy and known and schooled with a lot of churchgoers, I laugh at 'false witness'. Why do you think there's a confessional? :D

i'm with a catholic girl now carhill, and she's not the first. i know.

i did find it funny that some of them don't actually do confession anymore, though, i found that out recently. i didn't know about the writing your sins down and burning the paper by yourself method they have gone to.

sounds kinda like the Burger King drive thru of religion to me ;).

I also found it weird that someone I rejected on one site contacting me on another site a week later.

Did you see my thread about dating websites sharing databases? That explains why you see duplicate profiles on one website -- people think they have created profiles on two different websites when it's just one big one. They wind up paying twice. :mad:

Please post which two websites (above) they were. I started my thread to keep track of them all for everyone to refer to. We can beat these companies at their own game by only subscribing to the cheaper ones while getting the "same goods."

Singles power! :cool:

Edited by FitChick