Dating Type Vs. Marrying Type

ginastar

so do guys have a clear definition of the dating type and marrying type and can the dating type turn into a marrying type?

so do guys have a clear definition of the dating type and marrying type and can the dating type turn into a marrying type?

For me they are almost one in the same...if I am dating someone and I realize that I could never marry them/go long term with them, then I end the relationship

Some people are different though

Disillusioned

It depends on the guy.

One guy told me "sex goddesses make lousy mothers"... his excuse for promiscuity.

for me, there are distinct differences yes.

some recent examples...

1) vast differences in religion, interests, etc. i'm not religious, am ok with catholics, but would not consider marrying someone protestant from a protestant family. the same goes for different hobbies, there's nothing wrong with liking different things for dating purposes but i'm not a country person, i'm a city person. i'm not going to consider marrying a girl who wants to own horses, for example.

2) red flags in the form of her parents, upbringing, past relationships, etc. i'm my father's son, there's no denying it, and most women are their mother's daughter in the same way. if her mother was the type of person who got pregnant from a guy at a bar and then raised her kids alone, then the apple rarely falls far from the tree so yeah i'll write off women as marriage prospects based on what i think of her mother in particular.

3) class, politeness, fairness to others, etc. little things. if phone calls/texts go unanswered because she's too "busy", she's selfish and dishonest. yeah 'everyone' may be that way these days but that doesn't change what it is, my response so that is 'everyone' is dishonest. if she has whore'ish female friends that she spends a lot of time with that's another red flag. i'm not likely going to convince her to toss away her friends since childhood and if there's a female friend who is out every other week in a bar looking to cheat on her boyfriend/husband, i'm going to assume that bad influence will remain forever, and she loses respect for the company she keeps.

there are others, but in short i don't consider judging people based on their family, friends, and past at all wrong when considering who you're going to marry.

For me they are almost one in the same...if I am dating someone and I realize that I could never marry them/go long term with them, then I end the relationship

I agree with this. I wouldn't keep dating them if i felt there was no long term potential for the relationship.

But there is a difference between FWB type vs dating/marriage type of girl... And I don't thing FWB can turn into marriage type, for me anyways.

It depends on the guy.

One guy told me "sex goddesses make lousy mothers"... his excuse for promiscuity.

Beg to differ.

I happen to be an awesome mom. ;)

Disrespectful attention whores are for dating/sexing.

You don't marry that type of woman.

For example, I wasted a lot of time on more than a few chicks that led me on then tried to friendzone me because even though I had lost 45lbs at the time I was still too fat for them to want to get naked with me.

I've lost another 45lbs. Now their all trying to get my attention. I will sleep with them/date them.

But I consider them low quality women & will never get serious with them.

And it's not because they turned me down for being overweight. If a chick turned me down & now was interested I would have no problem with that.

It's because they led me on to believe they wanted a relationship with me by telling me they did but after a few months still no sex & them expecting me to ignore other women.

youngskywalker

Just imagine waking up to her everyday for the rest of your life. That might answer your question if she's the marriage type.

ThsAmericanLife
Disrespectful attention whores are for dating/sexing.

You don't marry that type of woman.

For example, I wasted a lot of time on more than a few chicks that led me on then tried to friendzone me because even though I had lost 45lbs at the time I was still too fat for them to want to get naked with me.

I've lost another 45lbs. Now their all trying to get my attention. I will sleep with them/date them.

But I consider them low quality women & will never get serious with them.

And it's not because they turned me down for being overweight. If a chick turned me down & now was interested I would have no problem with that.

It's because they led me on to believe they wanted a relationship with me by telling me they did but after a few months still no sex & them expecting me to ignore other women.

I really think it is a bad idea to date or so-called FWB anyone who isn't fundamentally a good person.

I personally believe you 'are what you eat', both literally and figuratively. Spending time with people you don't respect just to get laid seems very short-sighted. People sometimes get attached to their FWB, then guess what? They are now attached to someone they don't respect... but need in some less-than-healthy way. Not worth it.

I'm with the earlier poster... if I don't think something will lead to a long term relationship, I end it. For me, that means I might be alone for awhile. I don't keep men in the wings for back-up plans.

For the dating type, I want someone attractive, exciting, laid back, sexually adventurous, and generally enjoyable to spend time with. More her to be marriage material, she needs to be educated with good job prospects, come from a good family (mostly no criminals/addicts), be financially responsible, and be thoughtful/considerate of others. I would happily give up some of the looks, excitement, and sexual prowess for those things.

For the dating type, I want someone attractive, exciting, laid back, sexually adventurous, and generally enjoyable to spend time with. More her to be marriage material, she needs to be educated with good job prospects, come from a good family (mostly no criminals/addicts), be financially responsible, and be thoughtful/considerate of others. I would happily give up some of the looks, excitement, and sexual prowess for those things.

My criteria for men would be the same.