How does she see it ? More than friends date or just friends hanging out ?

Balance11

Known this girl for over a year now, few months ago asked her out and she said yes, we went out had a good time, things went abit funny after that and then she had some family tragedy and we didn't talk for a couple weeks. We started talking again, things got back to before, so i started asking her out asked about 2 times over the course of about 1 month, she said yes to each but day came and she said her gran was in hospital, said this both times. Decided the month after to ask her one last time. Again she said yes, details where made and we met up, we where going to go to the cinema but there was nothing we wanted to see so she suggest going to the park, we sat on the benches and talked, we spent around 3 and half hours together mostly in the park talking.

I walked her to her bus and we hugged, she kinds came in to put her head straight over my should so i kissed her cheek, and the hug felt good, as in there was a squeeze and not an instant hug done go thing.

In the time we've known each other we've never hung out in groups,don't have many mutual friends,never refer to each other or introduce each other as friends. If i stop putting xxx or xx on texts she assumes something is up with me but if i increase the x's she won't return it. If i feel crap she always asks if i want to talk. On the dates she laughs at lots of things i say, we have good eye contact, talk about lots of different things,films,our life styles, things we hate, our families, random stupid stuff. Rarely ever a silence, even if i run out of things to say she picks it up again. Only problem is she has a couple of close male friends, she pointed out that they where friends, also she mentioned her ex, by name, just once, nothing significant in the convo. Do you think she see's me as more than a friend and these are dates or just as a friend hanging out

Edit: Something i missed out was that the girl will know i like her, after about 3 months since i met her i told her i liked her, she said she was flattered but wasn't looking for anything. I accepted this and was ready to move on but she kept texting me. If we stopped texting such as she didn't get my message she would always text me after a few days asking what was up or joking we hadn't spoke for years. She never just let me go and so this is how everything has built up, getting closer ect.

Edited by Balance11
ThsAmericanLife

I'm not sure how old she is. It is possible she is just wanting to get to know you and is very skittish about letting herself get attached to someone.

So, let me tell you what my opposite sex friendships look like.

None of us do the XX thing in emails or text each other. We see each other, at most, once a month unless we happen to come across each other at a friend's party or other get together. Really, more like my same-sex friends than opposite sex friends. There isn't flirting or kissing, except maybe for the random dirty jok. Maybe a nice hug, but it feels more like the one you'd get from your auntie than someone from the opposite sex.

I've had one or two try to initiate something romantically.

One of them grabbed me and tried to kiss me. I flat out told him "Do not kiss me". That couldn't be clearer, right?

You could try to swoop her up and kiss her. What is the worst that can happen? Ok, probably her saying what I said. But that would certainly decide it for you. Keep in mind, she already did say she didn't want more... so you are walking on thin ice.

• Author

She sends signs she's interested but then (mainly in the text's) she seems cold and not interested, her body language seems good in person, talk alot, laughs alot at things i say, good eye contact, even if she isn't facing me her body is. If i touch her hand say to get something off her, for example we bought drinks from the shop before cinema and i wanted to pay for both, she said its okay then i joking said just give me it, then gently took it out he hand, she didn't try to stop me and didn't move her hand away when i had hold of it.

I dont want to over think every detail but i've looked on the net for things about behavior and body language and she does the interested stuff, but in texts if she put xx and then i tried to change it xxx she would ore than likely just keep it xx but when she's drunk she puts like xxxxx or xxxxxx then changes to x or to xx ect goes up and down when drunk. She takes hours to reply most the time as well, these things makes me think she isn't interested.

Edited by Balance11