Used and feel awful

A while ago I met a man online and within a short time we were speaking on the phone and texting each other. We got on exceptionally well and agreed on a meeting in person. The day we met I really did like him but I had a bit of a panic and ran off during the date. It was awful really but I had some past issues that really did get in the way and I felt so awful about running out on him.

I contacted him afterwards and apologised over and over and he replied to say yes we could meet again and that everyone deserved a fair chance and we'd talk about why I left and just go from there.

Anyways we met again, we went to his place and had a good afternoon and we slept together. Far too soon but I felt guilty for running off and so I just went through with it. I went home later that day and he sent me a text saying we were no good as a couple and now we are even. Then he said I should move on and he'd appreciate it if I didn't send any stalker messages or anything nasty???? I have never been nasty or sent stalker messages so why on earth would he say that? Does it just mean I played you and want to get away with it or is he just trying to anger me for a response?

I was pretty unresponsive to those messages and just told him to take care and I have NOT made an attempt at contact since. I am mystified someone would go this far for 'revenge'

Any opinions / comments would be appreciated

Huh?

You felt guilty for running off in the middle of your first date so you slept with him the next date to make up for it?

Ruby Slippers
Huh?

You felt guilty for running off in the middle of your first date so you slept with him the next date to make up for it?

Seriously! Where is your self respect?

On the first date, you showed major fear of trust by running out on the date. And you followed this up with guilt/apology sex on the second date.

He was certainly an ******* with his texts. You did the right thing in being unresponsive. I'd delete his info and have NO CONTACT with him ever again.

And I hope this experience showed you why it's a good idea to take your time getting to know someone.

That guy is a freak. Mayb send him 1 short msg to say dude, i aint sent u no messages afta that shi*ty ass date but u keep sendin me all this crap, so heres 1 msg 2 say stop harassin me wit ur weird loser msgs, and i just blocked u' - then block him a 2nd afta u send it, b4 he has a chance to answa :laugh:

Oh yea...an wateva made u bail on the 1st date, turns out u were bang on the money hey, trust ur intuittion nxt time.

That is pure awful. Cut contact with him immediately. It's sick how cruel some people can be. Just be glad that he showed his true colors earlier on.

Never look back.

What a f*cking @sshole. *I said that out loud when I read your post*

Consider it a bullet dodged. You would not have wanted to be in a relationship with a person like that. Yes you had sex with him and that sucks big time, but imagine what someone like that would do in the case of a relationship where the stakes are higher. What would it mean to him to get "even" when there for example would have been several (big) issues, what would he have done in such a case? Consider yourself somewhat lucky that at least you will not be finding that out.

Consider it a bullet dodged.

What he said!

Also, there has to be issues in the guy's past that he's dealing with, same as you. He's just dealing with them in a different way - a far more cruel way, for sure - than you.

Either way, the guy is Bad News. Just let him keep floating, like a stinky bloated stool, down that river under the bridge. Wave bye-bye!

And don't EVER sleep with someone out of guilt or obligation ever again EVER. Promise??? Your body isn't meant to be used as a bargaining chip. You never "owe" it to anyone. It's just not on the table.

• Author

Thanks for your replies everyone - yes I absolutely promise never to sleep with someone out of guilt ever again!! I learnt my lesson the hard way! But sometimes we just do stupid stuff.

Thank god I did find out the guy was a turd before I invested anything more time and effort into him though xx

Both your behavior and his are quite bizarre; I hope whatever issues you had that caused you to run out are being worked on. Definitely don't continue any contact with this person. Not kidding, a revenge **** after a bad first date is the strangest thing I've come across yet.

Well, you acted weirdly, but he sounds creepy. Even? Seriously? Ego the size of Jupiter or something. . . Stay far far away from him. Live and learn. Never ever give someone "apology sex" is a good rule, I'd say.