New guy- are these good signs or warning signs?

Baubles

Should I give out my number or not?

Last week I went to check on a work site. There I met a very attractive engineer (similar to my line of work) who was engaged in conversation w/ someone else on site. He made some small talk- introduced himself. Whole interaction maybe 5 mins, as I was leaving he had to show another guy something so i went on my merry way. As I was leaving, I thought...hmmm...not bad. Then again, I was having a not pretty day as I was in jeans and squeezing the last drops of coffee from styrofoam.

It turns out that the engineer had been shaken up by me- that he spent 20 mins. grilling the guy I work w/ about me- was I married, what did he know about me etc. The guy I work w/ says he was in such a state he could barely write his report b/c he kept talking about me.

Now...the guy I work w/ has asked if I would like him to give the engineer to okay to call me....

Opinions? I am flattered- I don't think I've sent someone into a "state" since I was 18- and I was slummmmin....BUT is this a positive sign, do men really act this way normally- I mean I was NOT lookin sexy by any mens. OR is this a caution this man could be desperate? Are there any wanring signs here?

Thanks!

hey,

lol ahhh if only i could do that w/the ladies... ok so how old is this guy? it sounds like something i would've done... when i was like 12... but hey somethings don't change, if i were interested in a girl i'd naturally ask questions like that, but... usually i don't seek out her friends to such an extreme, and when i do ask for the girls phone # from the friend i'm usually joking around... i don't really ask for the phone # unless i've gotten to know the girl a bit longer...and i ask her directly...

soo i think u shouldn't give him your phone # until u talk more w/him, right now he seems a little bit... overexcited... plus if u give him your phone# now it doesn't make u seem hard to get... heheh play hard to get, it''ll give u time to see if he's psycho or not ;)

Men get interested by the "physique" first and then would like to explore the rest. Of course he might be interested but doesn't mean totally. Try it, go out on a date and see what he has to offer... if after several dates you think you'd be a good match then be it. Otherwise, keep it cool cuz your job is involved. :)

Is it possible to ask the fellow who conveyed the message about this guy? If you're really worried, you could ask for his number and call him instead. You said you liked the looks of him, too. I know of one very long relationship that started with that sort of 'bolt of lightning'. It might be worth checking him out!

• Author

thanks guys- he's 28, I'm 30....doubtful we wold have further contact w/ each other unless asking for a number due to the fact our paths won't cross work-wise again.

hehe...my question is what more would you be looking for to know he's interested...he didn't have time to talk to you again like you said so he just grilled the other guy...i'd go for it, sounds like he's gone head over heels. good luck.

I think you should get to know him, it can't hurt anything. But, I agree that you should ask the guy who he was talking about about him. All these worries of yours would probably be sorted out in your mind on one date--he sounds a person who wears his feelings on his sleeve

Good luck:)