how long does it take you to fall for someone?

sweetblubrry

sweetblubrry

I met this guy online about a month ago. We messaged for a week back and forth and then started texting and he called me. Met on June 17th for a brief moment. Went on our 1st date after 2 weeks, June 24th. And have hung out at least 5 times since then including a full day on 4th of July where he took me on an outdoor excursion. He is a really good guy... very respectful, he actually calls me and makes plans, communicates with me in someway every day since we met, always opening the door, pays for me all the time, and things like that. I even met his mom already because she happened to be working (he works next to her business).

Things are going well however I feel he has fallen for me much faster than I have him. I do enjoy spending time with him... and I did tell him I want to take it slow. I didn't tell him this but I think a lot of it is b/c of my past relationship. I just told the guy off about 3 weeks ago (so while I was beginning to talk to the new guy). It is over with my ex, because he said some things he can never take back but he was stringing me along for at least 6 months. I'm mad at myself that this new guy is so wonderful to me but I'm having such a hard time having those butterflies and that ultra happy feeling of being with someone. Will this come in time? Is this because of what happeend with my ex? I am very cautious.... I guess it is very hard for me to open up to people. How can I fix it?

somedude81
Things are going well however I feel he has fallen for me much faster than I have him.

Generally men fall faster for somebody than women do.

The exception is when the guy has no interest in dating and just wants sex.