Am I TrIpPiN?!?!? Is this a real relationship or is it a "buddy buddy" thing??

Muzzy2003

Am I trippin? I have been with this guy for only three weeks and already I'm

getting somewhat emotional with him. Our relationship is great. He has already

met my mom, he hangs out with my friends and my freinds like him, we talk all the

time for the longest time, its basically everything that i want in a relationship. we

have the same feelings and we both know what we want in our relationship. So,

all together, we are on the same level with EVERYTHING, except for one thing...I

know he doesn't feel the way that I feel about him. My feelings for him go so much

more deeper which gets me confused. The only problems i see that can mess this

relationship up is the fact that we tend to be more "buddy buddy" with eachother.

I know he likes me, but we haven't really done anything romantic and he always

wants to joke around when i'm trying to be serious. Am I taking this way out of

hand? i mean, we met in September, dated a little in October, and three weeks

after talking with eachother, we became the official boyfriend/girlfriend. I might

have messed up with having sex with him before even getting in a relationship

with him, but I know sex isn't everything, just because of the fact that we are

going to meet eachothers family for thanksgiving (not just mom and dad....mom

dad, cousin, nephew, uncle.....). Really, all I want to know is it a problem that our

feelings aren't equal with eachother?

I don't think soo, Just be patient keep doing your own thing and being your own person and I bet his feelings will come around. just don't apply any pressure; just be kinda independent. Let the relationship take its natural rhythym and if it gets to the point that you can no longer handle telling him how you feel, then hold on just a little longer and tell him when the moment is really right or Really wrong. This will be a great weight lifted off of your shoulders, and hopefully the feelings will be returned, and if his love is not returned, just accept it and be happy that you were able to give love to someone you care about

Albysurfin

wow...i am/was in a similar situation...

met my friend around sept, hung out w/her friends, i think theyre ok w/me.

met her family 2 weeks ago @ her place...and uh i had thought i fancied her...but now i dont even know my feelings anymore.

for tahnksgiving she's going up to her other family she lived with in pennsylvania for thanksgiving...

oh well thats pretty much it

sounds to me like you made a best friend in the process if not a bf....you should still be happy!!

No it's not a problem that your feelings are not equal as long as you are happy with him. Give him a little time to feel comfortable talking about his feelings - even if they are the same as yours he will appreciate being able to express them in his own time and his own way. Relax - have fun - tell him how you feel when you can express it as a gift that is an expression of appreciation for him rather than demanding something in return.

The only problem you are confronted with is your own... You have not taken the time out to tell him how you feel... nor have you asked him how he feels... Never assume youre on the same page.

• Author

yeah, i think thats my problem....im getting way too agead of myself and im wanting to go to the next step when i haven't really enjoyed where we are at now. We actually talked about it last night and i am definitely not letting things flow on thier own.