She is 15 years younger than me ...

joeLove

I have been flirting with this girl that's about 15 years my junior. (She is 25 and I'm close to 40). I have known her socially for about 5 years now, as we both see each other at the same social events. We have both dated other people within the past years and we just happen to be single at this time. We do have lots of common friends, whose age range varies quite a bit as well.

I have been hesitant in the past about dating anyone that's 10 years younger than me ... My main concern has been that people in different age ranges are at different stages of their lives. And although we do have plenty of things in common, I'm a little hesitant about that thought.

Just curious, what has your experience been dating someone of a different age range?

Joe

You're both adults so why not? If it really bothers you then it could end up affecting the relationship so you do need to think this through. I've dated girls many years younger and older then myself and never really put age above my feelings for them. If it's felt right and we've got along, who cares what the age is (aslong as it's legal).

Don't give up on something that could be potentially good just because you're worried about social stigma and what others may say. It's your life, live it.

My basic rule is that if they grew up watching totally different cartoons than I did then we were too far apart to really connect.

I want someone who I can connect with on a certain level and discuss things that only someone near my age would be able to.

25-40 is a pretty big gap considering she is just now reaching legal status and is learning who she is for the first time in her life, you already know who you are and have already gone thru the stages of dating and learning what you want and need in life..

I agree with the other poster that the social stigma shouldn't be a factor but at the age gap you are with her there is more to it than what other people will think.

My attitude with age gap relationships is to go in with no expectations of a future. Two people of the same age have the same uncertainty about long-term compatibility. There are no guarantees in love - only risk that can bring great reward.

I was 23 and had an amazing two-year relationship with a 38-year old. But he wanted to settle down and I wasn't ready for that. So I ended it and started dating a guy my age. But my ex-boyfriend didn't stop with me as a younger girlfriend. He's married to a younger woman and became a first-time father at age 50. :cool: He's extremely happy and I am glad for him.

I'm now dating a younger man and I have insecurity about the age gap. He insists age means nothing to him. And we are doing perfectly well together. But it's too soon to tell. Maybe in 2 years, he'll say he wants to be with a woman his age. But I don't try to sabotage what we have. Instead, I love this wonderful man, for however long it lasts.

Professor X

While age is just a number you must realize that with age come certain strings.

You might wanna settle already while she won't - and chances of that are extremely high. She's only 25 after all.

Lot's of other factors might also come into play which you can't know already.

All in all, I agree with what Cee said, go for it but don't expect anything. I feel like that 40 to 25 is just WAY to much.

Maybe, just maybe she's old on the inside, but even so, would you really want someone like that? a 25yo chick acting like an old woman? I doubt.