Am I reading too much into it?

I was in a gift card shop the other day and a shop assistant was stacking the shelves (I was wearing my suit as was on lunch break which I always feel more confident in!). She was singing to a song they were playing in the background and I so wanted to say to her 'hey you're wasted in a place like this - you should be a singer!' but I didn't as a) it sounds cheesey and b) there were a few customers around. She gave me a really beaming smile as she walked past and a few mins later when I was paying she was lingering around the cash desk but didn't serve me and didn't look at me at all when I was paying.

Am I just reading too much that she might have been interested, or was it one of those signs that blokes often miss that girls give out that they want you to talk to them? Perhaps she was smiling because that's natural to her and she works in a shop so I guess she does it to everyone.

I need to go in there later in the week, so tempted to talk to her but I ALWAYS go blank what to say.

I sound sad asking this!!

Thanks

Lee

Don't be sad! Just march right in there and ask her to sing for you again!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Just so you know - cheesy can sometimes be really cute when the guy knows he's being cheesy. :D

From what you've written it could be equally possible that she was interested or that she was just being friendly. You won't know unless you talk to her. Just catch her eye and say hello and smile. If she responds positively then maybe compliment her - mention you heard her singing the last time you were there and thought she had a lovely voice. It might get a conversation rolling. You won't know unless you try. Think about this - 5 years from now what would you regret more: talking to her and feeling foolish, or having never trying and wondering what might have happened?

• Author

Thank you guys! Great advice! Even more sad, but any advice what to say if she did happen to respond to what you suggested I say? I've tried being witty with girls before, but they usually just laugh and then don't say anything!! A conversation killer!!