Do people really find this attitude attractive?

I was hit on today. I was sitting alone, when a guy approached me. Thinking that at first he was just being friendly, I responded to him by being polite.

Until he went on to tell me that I was "Extremely attractive and had a femme fatal look going on." I thanked him for the compliment, but before I could tell him I was taken, he then told me that he was a DJ and a underwear model.

He began bragging about how he has good looks and is charming. :rolleyes:

Being unable to get a word in until he finished, I then told him that while I am

flattered, I am in a relationship.

He still pushed to get my number after that, until I told him that I was not that kind of woman. I was rather insulted. I left the bookstore.

Does anyone actually find this kind of attitude attractive? I could careless

if he's a model. I also don't like being approached in that way.

Has anyone else experienced a person like this?

Some guys get confused about what it means to appear confident. And some are just wankers.

But he probably actually succeeds with that approach occasionally.

TheLawmaker

You see, there's a disconnection here. I've noticed it myself, as a musician.

If I tell women I'm a musician, and brag about all the songs I've written, she gets this pissed off look on her face, or is completely turned off.

If, however, I sit down in front of her and play her a song on my guitar, I have her all over me.

It's in context. Nobody likes someone who's egotistical, about anything!

Let me ask you this, Rinnix: if you had found out he was a popular DJ and was well liked, and he hadn't told you himself, would this have changed your reaction to him?

93TheHitStick

That guy just had no game. Nobody finds it attractive when someone walks up and starts trying to brag about themselves. I mean why would you brag when you don't even have a real job? He probably just plays a lot of Dj hero and posts pics of him in his underwear on facebook.

• Author

He had a ego, it wasn't attractive. While he wasn't a bad looking guy, he knew that, but his character went right through making him rather undesirable in my eyes.

If he was genuine and not listing all his traits as if he's the best catch possible,

then it's likely I could have shown more interest (if I was single that is.)

But in all honesty, I don't think this guy would be my type in general anyway.

Some guys get confused about what it means to appear confident. And some are just wankers.

I agree. I was hit on recently and it was obnoxious. I was walking out of my building and passed some guy; when I had gotten halfway down the sidewalk he starts yelling, "Young lady! Young lady!" I figured it may have been of some importance so I turned around and then he asked me my name. I said, "Who are you who wants to know?" He said, "Beautiful and feisty. Can I call you?" I said, "I have a boyfriend who I'm very happy with, so absolutely not." I started walking away and he yelled, "Give me a chance, I'll take you out to dinner!" Argh. Clearly desperate as he must have chased off all the single women.

I applaud the boldness of the men in these stories for at least trying to go for a girl they found attractive. My approach when single wouldn’t be to brag about what I do but instead just have a flirty fun conversation and try to make her laugh. The thing about girls saying they have a boyfriend is the guy may be nonexistent or something not quite serious. I personally have pushed for the number after getting the “bf” line and gotten the girls number.

The guys who do worst with women are the ones who hear a story like this whether it be on tv, the net whatever… and then use it as excuse to hide away from the world in fear of being labeled annoying by some random girl.

Even with this guys odd approach he will probably do very well with women (never be single long) if he continues to regularly approaches women he likes.

This is just step one. He then needs to be this bold on the date. Men have added pressure of beginning a relationship.

I was hit on today. I was sitting alone, when a guy approached me. Thinking that at first he was just being friendly, I responded to him by being polite.

Until he went on to tell me that I was "Extremely attractive and had a femme fatal look going on." I thanked him for the compliment, but before I could tell him I was taken, he then told me that he was a DJ and a underwear model.

He began bragging about how he has good looks and is charming. :rolleyes:

Being unable to get a word in until he finished, I then told him that while I am

flattered, I am in a relationship.

He still pushed to get my number after that, until I told him that I was not that kind of woman. I was rather insulted. I left the bookstore.

Does anyone actually find this kind of attitude attractive? I could careless

if he's a model. I also don't like being approached in that way.

Has anyone else experienced a person like this?

For every guy like this there was at least one girl who reacted positively to this advance making him think it was acceptable.

• Author

I find it extremely rude and unattractive when a guy pushes for my number

after I tell him I'm taken. If anything id just be more put off.

I am indeed taken, I have never lied to a guy about this.

When I am not interested in a guy, I won't use the boyfriend line. I will be honest and tell him that while I'm flattered, I'm not interested.

mr.dream merchant

I personally disengage when I get the boyfriend line. The furthest I took itwas asking the lovely lady if he was a serious boyfriend to which she said yes, I smiled and said "lucky guy" then wished her the best.

Weird but even in no success it still means something to me to put a smile on their face. Helps remind me of the charm I've got in me at times.

There are quite a few that being taken doesn't stop them. He was hoping you were one of those. You find many more of those sorts in big, bustling metropolises.

I find it extremely rude and unattractive when a guy pushes for my number

after I tell him I'm taken. If anything id just be more put off.

I am indeed taken, I have never lied to a guy about this.

When I am not interested in a guy, I won't use the boyfriend line. I will be honest and tell him that while I'm flattered, I'm not interested.

Boyfriend means a lot of things. Could be some one you live with in what could be considered common law marriage. Could be some guy you don’t really like and have only kissed on two occasions.

Bottom line I’m here to tell you from my own experience and that of my male friends the guys who are the most aggressive do the best with women. When it comes to getting girls, and the prettiest girls in fact being aggressive works.

I don’t necessarily think it was disrespectful for him to ask for your number. I wasn’t there maybe it was. From your story though I can’t tell that.

• Author
There are quite a few that being taken doesn't stop them. He was hoping you were one of those. You find many more of those sorts in big, bustling metropolises.

It just shows that the guy, or the girl isn't much of a catch to begin with.

Those who try and split other relationships = not a catch.

Those who are willing to give out there number whilist taken = not a catch.

Good luck to those people. :lmao:

I personally disengage when I get the boyfriend line. The furthest I took itwas asking the lovely lady if he was a serious boyfriend to which she said yes, I smiled and said "lucky guy" then wished her the best.

Weird but even in no success it still means something to me to put a smile on their face. Helps remind me of the charm I've got in me at times.

When I was single I liked making the entire thing pleasant myself. In the end though I could care less if I annoyed or creeped out a girl. Just asking “is it serious?” could get you a date, it’s also likely to annoy them.

• Author
Boyfriend means a lot of things. Could be some one you live with in what could be considered common law marriage. Could be some guy you don’t really like and have only kissed on two occasions.

Bottom line I’m here to tell you from my own experience and that of my male friends the guys who are the most aggressive do the best with women. When it comes to getting girls, and the prettiest girls in fact being aggressive works.

I don’t necessarily think it was disrespectful for him to ask for your number. I wasn’t there maybe it was. From your story though I can’t tell that.

I feel that a woman (or man) who gives out there number to another, is seeking options and not a real catch to begin with. If done to them, they will do it again to you in the future. Just not my cup of tea.

I told the guy I was in a relationship that is 5 years long. To me, asking for my # after that was just disrespectful.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not overly interested in the aggressive men. :laugh:

TheLawmaker

I have immediate family that have cheated and remarried with their cheaters. One cousin cheated on his wife with another girl, got married, then ten years cheated on his (then!) wife with another girl, got married to her, and now have two children together.

I find it undecidedly un-Christian, but if that's what people want to do, best of luck to them. They're committing a sin, though.

Sorry to thread jack this thread.

I feel that a woman (or man) who gives out there number to another, is seeking options and not a real catch to begin with. If done to them, they will do it again to you in the future. Just not my cup of tea.

I told the guy I was in a relationship that is 5 years long. To me, asking for my # after that was just disrespectful.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not overly interested in the aggressive men. :laugh:

You didn’t put that in your OP. I personally wouldn’t have continued trying at that point where you said the relationship was serious as opposed to casual. (girls really are annoyed by guys if only you could see what it is really like)

The thing is no one is going to walk up to him and start trying to get his number and a date. That just rarely happens to guys. That’s happened to me maybe 5 times tops in my life. And even then it was mostly a girl making it obvious she liked me and I would have had to make a move to make something happen. It’s just very rare. So, men have to be willing to be aggressive. How old was this guy, I’m sure immaturity might have had something do with his bragging nature. Not to mention the same way respectful guys get better results being aggressive so do jerks.

• Author
How old was this guy, I’m sure immaturity might have had something do with his bragging nature. Not to mention the same way respectful guys get better results being aggressive so do jerks.

He was about 26-28. I just didn't find his actions to be charming at all. I like respectful men much more.

He was about 26-28. I just didn't find his actions to be charming at all. I like respectful men much more.

Just respect yourself and that will take care of any disrespectful people in your life like this guy.

The fact still stands that he will do well with women at least when it comes to getting dates (not necessarily in having a relationship) if he is confident enough to approach enough women.

I get approached by persistent men to. For different reasons my money. Whether they be bums or salesman as soon as I know I don’t want what they are selling I cut them off and just say “No” and continue what I am doing. I don’t explain to the bum or let him finish his sob story or showing be his cut hands… I don’t let the salesman finish trying to upgrade me or what ever. As soon as I know what is going on I stop the pitch and say “No” if I didn’t want it. I say the no with respect and peoples feelings aren’t hurt. Men contrary to belief love strong spoken women when compared with the usual passive aggressiveness we have to deal with.

You were very to the point. The thing is you were afraid to cut him of on his pitch and tried to explain yourself to him. You really didn’t even need to explain yourself. You could have just kindly said “no” with a smile. I think that’s what this entire thread is about. You didn’t enjoy getting hit on. Not so much “do women go for this?” Sadly yes women go for it, but of course you are your own person and many many many more women will not go for it.

It just shows that the guy, or the girl isn't much of a catch to begin with.

Those who try and split other relationships = not a catch.

Those who are willing to give out there number whilist taken = not a catch.

Good luck to those people. :lmao:

Such people are probably not looking for a catch.

• Author
You were very to the point. The thing is you were afraid to cut him of on his pitch and tried to explain yourself to him. You really didn’t even need to explain yourself. You could have just kindly said “no” with a smile. I think that’s what this entire thread is about. You didn’t enjoy getting hit on. Not so much “do women go for this?” Sadly yes women go for it, but of course you are your own person and many many many more women will not go for it.

While I agree that I should have said no right away, I feel that I'm to much of a softy. I hate being rude to people.

It just boggles my mind that some women would find this behavior attractive.

snug.bunny

Unless I was having a really awful day (grrrrrrr...), I would be flattered and appreciate the compliment.

It all depends on the attitude of the guy doing it - I've had guys walk up to me and start talking themselves up like they were challenging me or something. You get the distinct impression that they don't see you as a person at all, but as some prey-animal they resent for being so uncooperative.

On the other hand - a few weeks ago I got shouted at from across the street. I was like 'Huh?What?' and I looked over and there was this handsome friendly-looking fellow with a *****-eating grin on his face. Totally not my type, but I thought he was adorable and felt flattered.