Signs he thinks I'm "the one"?

FlowerGirly

FlowerGirly

I have been with my boyfriend for less than 1 year. We do live together. Lately I have noticed when we are in conversation he will mention involving me, regarding things in the future.

Now I'm smart enough to know that just because we live together that does not guarantee marriage.

But The other day we were talking in general about other cultures in other countries. I told him I couldn't imagine living in another country and he said that I should at least get used to traveling to visit other countries. He has traveling all over the world, I haven't. He has also said other things that would imply he seems sure he wants a future with me.

Do these little things mean, he thinks I'm "the one"?

surfrider4284
I have been with my boyfriend for less than 1 year. We do live together. Lately I have noticed when we are in conversation he will mention involving me, regarding things in the future.

Now I'm smart enough to know that just because we live together that does not guarantee marriage.

But The other day we were talking in general about other cultures in other countries. I told him I couldn't imagine living in another country and he said that I should at least get used to traveling to visit other countries. He has traveling all over the world, I haven't. He has also said other things that would imply he seems sure he wants a future with me.

Do these little things mean, he thinks I'm "the one"?

I dont think you can tell off of that alone.

He may be saying those things bc he sees a future with you. Or, he may be saying those things so you don't get upset that he sees no future with you, but he is content how things are at the moment.

For instance, if I were with a girl whom I still wanted to date, but wasnt sure I wanted to marry, I wouldn't say things that implied I would be leaving her and/or doing my own thing in the future. She would most likely not stick around if she knew I didnt see a future. In my opinion, a lot of guys were err on the side of "seeing a future talk" even if they arent sure about a future..

• Author
FlowerGirly
I dont think you can tell off of that alone.

He may be saying those things bc he sees a future with you. Or, he may be saying those things so you don't get upset that he sees no future with you, but he is content how things are at the moment.

For instance, if I were with a girl whom I still wanted to date, but wasnt sure I wanted to marry, I wouldn't say things that implied I would be leaving her and/or doing my own thing in the future. She would most likely not stick around if she knew I didnt see a future. In my opinion, a lot of guys were err on the side of "seeing a future talk" even if they arent sure about a future..

I get that. But he has also made comments about buying a home together.. more "important" life things too. So I guess I'm hopeful..lol

surfrider4284

Id strongly suggest waiting until you are married to buy a home...not speaking from personal experience, but I've seen many a problems with non married couples buying a home..

from my experience - you can only know if he feels your the one when he's actually told you just that.

My two past boyfriends never said it but "implied" things and I assumed they thought I was it and things were going great, blah blah blah...but I wasn't getting hard evidence or blatant expressions such as "you are the one." I was way off on them - they blew hot and cold and both turned out to not be a good match.

My boyfriend now has expressed to me that I'm the one. So....you can only be sure until it's been said - don't take hints or talking about plans. Those plans actually need to come to fruition.

Vici0usDelici0us

Don't get fixed on "Am I THE ONE for him?" - you'll dig your own grave...enjoy your time together, collect experiences and know that "You are THE ONE and only" for yourself... be yourself, aka avoid losing your identity or being someone who you think he thinks is THE ONE ...Relax and let things work out naturally without forcing "theoneness" upon your relationship or yourself. Nobody knows what HE thinks - read his actions, not words (even if he will tell you you are THE ONE)...He'll take THE ONE on the trips, he'll buy a house with THE ONE, he'll MAKE you feel like you are THE ONE...Be patient and optimistic, good luck!

Enchanted Girl

He's being too generic, which means he's considering the idea of having you in the future, but he hasn't made a full decision about it.

My ex had a problem with commitment. We dated for five years and he still had no intentions of marrying me or even living in the same area as me (we were long distance.) He'd say generically,"I want to live in the same place as you","I want to marry you", and even "You're the one for me", BUT he wouldn't actually set dates for doing these things.

When he starts setting dates for them then you can know for sure he feels that you are the one. Until then, there is no guarantee. It doesn't mean he's scared of commitment like my ex was, it just means he's not quite ready yet, but also remember, you two have been dating less than a year.