I was rejected by a plus size woman with two kids??????

PhillyDude

PhillyDude

She is pretty in the face but has two kids and plus size and because I don't drive she stopped texting and calling me. She knows why because since i live in a area where people RENT CARS and don't drive due to parking fees. But this is FUNNY and defintely a first because normally a woman with two kids knows that she is in no position to be picky-lol

Now if she was CHILDLESS then I would not make a big deal but it's clear even with her plus size she has tons of options.

perfectlyunique
She is pretty in the face but has two kids and plus size and because I don't drive she stopped texting and calling me. She knows why because since i live in a area where people RENT CARS and don't drive due to parking fees. But this is FUNNY and defintely a first because normally a woman with two kids knows that she is in no position to be picky-lol

Now if she was CHILDLESS then I would not make a big deal but it's clear even with her plus size she has tons of options.

just because she has kids doesnt mean she had to go for the first bloke who paid an interest in her. I have a little boy and after i split with my ex i met a few blokes but stopped seeing them because they wasnt for me , i didnt have to be with someone who i didnt feel compatible with just because i have a child. I think thats abit unfair. i was sort of picky because i wanted someone who i got on with. i dont think theres anything wrong with that

Sometimes women who have kids are actually more picky. Firstly, there's no pressure on them to find a man to reproduce with because they had their kids already, so they can take their time. Secondly, they're aware that they're not just choosing a boyfriend, they're also choosing a daddy for Junior, so they are more selective. Such women tend not to have a realistic idea of their own desirability (or lack of), and their standards can be completely unrealistic. In any case, she doesn't sound like a great catch anyway, so why are you even bothered?

whichwayisup
so why are you even bothered?

Feelin I got from reading his post was, he thinks he's better than her because of her size. Has nothing to do with her having kids, being a mom. Like being large makes her less of a person, less worthy of love. It's arrogant of him to react like this. Sorry just my 2 cents.

bittersweet memories

I know of a couple of single moms who have many options and are picky but they are not plus sizes. They are actually very attractive and in shape with great jobs. So I am not suprise you were rejected.

perfectlyunique
Sometimes women who have kids are actually more picky. Firstly, there's no pressure on them to find a man to reproduce with because they had their kids already, so they can take their time. Secondly, they're aware that they're not just choosing a boyfriend, they're also choosing a daddy for Junior, so they are more selective. Such women tend not to have a realistic idea of their own desirability (or lack of), and their standards can be completely unrealistic. In any case, she doesn't sound like a great catch anyway, so why are you even bothered?

not always i was never looking for a daddy for my little boy, he already had one and saw him every weekend without fail. to be fair yes anyone who i got with would have to be nice to my boy as he lives with me, but just because the lady had 2 kids and was plus size doesnt make her not a good catch. i have a little boy and im a very nice person, i eventually found someone who i got on with and i have been with him nearly 4 years... since when does having kids make someone not a good catch???

perfectlyunique
Feelin I got from reading his post was, he thinks he's better than her because of her size. Has nothing to do with her having kids, being a mom. Like being large makes her less of a person, less worthy of love. It's arrogant of him to react like this. Sorry just my 2 cents.

i agree with this.... why would he want to get with someone who he feels is beneath him anyway?? to make her feel like crap everyday. the relationship would never work out

so why are you even bothered?

Lets put it like this:

-if you open a small diner in a US town and nobody wants to eat there, it could be because too much competition, 20 other restaurants down your street with a couple of them having a better cook, people wanting to cook themselves because of tvshows etc.

-if you open a small diner in ehtiopia and nobody wants to eat there, it means you're a really really lousy cook

• Author
PhillyDude

I'm not saying they should go for any guy but this woman knew where I lived and responded to me first based on my picture and when talked on the phone and connected and because of a car she stops responding to my texts and taking my calls.

• Author
PhillyDude
do you actually know the reason she didnt call back or are you just assuming?

She asked me the time frame on getting a car and I told her I cannot answer that question

perfectlyunique
She asked me the time frame on getting a car and I told her I cannot answer that question

just dont worry about it theres plenty more fish in the sea. someone having a car doesnt bother me in the slightest i dont see it as a big thing if she was just using you for a car your better off out of it. i just dont thing her having kids and being a plus size as a bad thing :)

TaraMaiden

What does her plus size have to do with you getting a car...?:confused:

So she's big.

so?

Are you telling us that she's so big she has to roll around on castors....?

What's with the 'plus-size' announcement?

donnamaybe
Are you telling us that she's so big she has to roll around on castors....?

Oh, Tara, you just slay me! :lmao:

Philly,

Kind of a d-bag thing to say man. Just because a women has kids and is overweight doesn't give her any less of a reason to be picky. Moreover, a lot of women with kids are more picky because they aren't looking for a fling.

Grow up Peter pan.

Do you have a drivers license? Unless you live in an area which has superb public transportation (which there aren't that many of in the US) being able to drive is very important.

I think you would be better served working on getting a vehicle then trying to date women you view as having a deficiency (overweight, kids) in hopes that she will accept your deficiency (not able to drive).

NoMagicBullet

So maybe she's had some bad experiences with having to do all the driving to see a guy, who knows? I'm sorry you got ignored after the car thing (and maybe there were other issues besides the car that she didn't talk about.) Although I understand the frustration of being rejected for something that you wish people would look beyond, just as she is probably rejected for, it's still kind of petty of you to come on here and dis her for being a plus-size, single mom afterward.

I experienced something like that with online dating -- I responded to an e-mail from a guy in a wheelchair, but I got no response from him after I mentioned I wasn't a Christian. So it's kind of like "Okay, thank you for pre-judging me...." But religion and disability are pretty big issues, and it likely wouldn't have worked out anyway.

perfectlyunique
Do you have a drivers license? Unless you live in an area which has superb public transportation (which there aren't that many of in the US) being able to drive is very important.

I think you would be better served working on getting a vehicle then trying to date women you view as having a deficiency (overweight, kids) in hopes that she will accept your deficiency (not able to drive).

i live in the uk and have never been able to drive its never been a problem really. i see my friends who have cars end up using them to go to the corner shop thats a 2 minute walk away. unless you have a job that requires a car because you work far away i dont see why it would be of importance?

Here's a thought:

Don't purse women who can't control their weight. Don't pursue women who have children. Unless you want to be a psuedo daddy. Women with children have plenty of priorities that rank above dating you. Finally, don't take it personally when you get rejected. You have some inner game to work on.

TaraMaiden
It is funny how such topics get the misandrists coming out of the walls. It is as if they are lying in wait and raring to pounce on these threads.

What do you classify as a misandrist?

Someone who objects to a person being judged on size?

Really, I don't get you....

I promise you - if this was a back-to-front thing (a girl making these kind of comments about a Plus-size guy) I would be equally indignant on the irrelevancy of the observation, when discussing the car aspect....

I wrote to a newspaper once complaining about a report of a celebrity suffering a heart attack, and being carried out of his £250,000 home....

I asked them what the phukk the price of his house had to do, with his myocardial infarction....?

I got an apology....!

perfectlyunique
the mind-numbing almost total obsession with "looks" on LoveShack and in Society at large is really beginning to get to me....

is there no other way of valuing people? at all?

it really annoys me too.i think what makes someone beautiful is there personality... it doesnt matter how good you look on the outside if your a nasty person on the inside you will become more ugly

What the hell is she mad!? Why does she even communicate with someone who doesn't have a car?

See what I did there?

TaraMaiden

my partner is certainly no oil painting.

And neither for that fact, am I.

But we have a really special thing going.

I love his Mind - he loves mine....

perfectlyunique
my partner is certainly no oil painting.

And neither for that fact, am I.

But we have a really special thing going.

I love his Mind - he loves mine....

aww :) thats sweet