Dealing with GF's Bad Days

VicJay79

Hey Guys,

I am new into a relationship, and I am a bit disturbed that its getting to her as much as it is. I keep on telling her, that even though her work is doing poorly, she should be happy for all that she has (ie: me!). Even though our relationship is fairly new, we both agree that both us are each others soul mates.

I am however surprised to see that even with this acknowledgment of me being in her life, she still seems down at times about her work environment. I don't understand I guess, because even though my work stinks at times, knowing that i have something awesome at home kind of makes me forget it when i leave.

Am i wrong to be a bit ... annoyed and confused

To some people, their jobs are a very important part of their identity. I know this because my own mother was like this. Her jobs would be all consuming. But that was an important part of her identity.

Your g/f may have career aspirations that are not being fulfilled and it is making her disappointed. Everyone feels differently about their employment. Some people are clock watchers, some are superstars, some are workaholics etc... All you can do is be there for her, let her talk, and provide advice (only if she asks.) I wouldn't let it impact your feelings about the relationship. If she's unhappy, ultimately, she'll find another job that will better meet her career aspirations and needs.

Two threads on this?

Men tend to compartmentalize their life. Women intertwine. Just accept this and be supportive.