Do people ask to be exclusive or you just are?

Unbalanced

I have been seeing this girl, we have gone on a few dates, and our personalities really click. I'm starting to like her to the point where it would bother me if I knew she was hanging out w/ other guys. I feel like I can definitely see myself becoming exclusive with this girl. I was with another girl for 3yrs since highschool, and I know that as a late college student the rules are much different than they were. Is it normal to ask the girl to be exclusive? or is it something you just are?

Ruby Slippers

You have to ask. A little talk communicating that you want her to be your girlfriend is the ticket. Until that happens, I'm a free agent and don't get invested.

Yes you want to ask the person. With matters of the heart, it is better not to assume. Ask her.

Crazy Magnet

See if you can subtly figure out how she views things. With Dude Man, I've managed to determine that he doesn't see the point in "the talk"

IDK what in the heck we are though.

Richard Friedman

Keep dating other girls and wait till she asks to be a couple. Every successful relationship I've seen has started with the woman asking the man to stop seeing others, not the other way around. Why? Women want a high value man, and high value men have options. She might not admit it, but subconsciously her attraction for you will take a hit a hit if you 're the one to press exclusivity. It may not sound fair or egalitarian but thats the way it is. Men chase and women choose so keep you feelings in check.