Rejected

Hi,

Been on an online dating site and had plenty of girls look at my profile (mainly as I sent them a message), and only one replied to say...

thanks, but i'm not interested. i'd rather be honest and say I'm not interested because if you don't fancy someone you don't fancy them!

So, feeling a bit rejected today!

:o

Ouch, I think the message is actually worse than just not getting a response. To be honest, the number of responses I get is tiny too. 1 in 10 would be good.

I found changing my main picture had a dramatic effect on the number of girls looking at my profile though.

ChessPieceFace

LOL. I think your expectations of online dating are too high. You need to expect a lot of rejection and failure before even getting any POTENTIAL hits. Look at what people say about it on this forum. It's really tough and especially tough for guys, unless the guy happens to be the kind of guy all the girls go after. Most guys aren't and they are in the same boat you are in. So, you just have to keep working on a better profile and maybe bettering your looks and personal interests or something. As was suggested, post your profile so we can critique it?

Hmm this is a bit weird, as I've seen similar threads where people's profiles were critiqued, and it seems to make sense that we'd help people do that on this forum. But on the community guidelines it says to never post any personal info. Am I missing something? Can anyone clarify the rules on that? I don't want to suggest anything that breaks the rules.