Correlation between success with women and success in life

I've been noticing lately that most normal, successful people have no issues getting women and have a steady stream of female attention. I also noticed this in my social circles. Most of my friends and colleagues don't really have a hard time with women when we go out. Especially with bars and clubs.

I have a friend who is a nice, normal guy but just doesn't seem to have any luck with women at all. He also does not have a job but has family money. Most people that I noticed that don't have success with women aren't the most charming, independent people or are push overs.

This may sound shallow, and I can be completely off. If you can charm a woman, you are probably good at networking and possess the qualities that ideal job candidates have. Quick thinking, charming, and the ability to close. I work in the finance/sales industry and realize there are many similarities in how I interact with my clients and women.

There's not much to say. That makes sense.

If you have a job, and especially in certain fields like marketing or sales, as you mention, you probably know how to interact with people. You probably encounter many different types of people. Those types of jobs involve social intelligence, and knowing how to work with people can influence your success outside of that arena.

Moreover, if you're employed or you're making good money, you probably feel better about yourself and it shows. So...yeah...

Except there are many jobs where you can be extremely successful and smart, but not need the extensive social interaction skills that you would need in sales. Any type of engineer comes to mind. So no, I disagree with your assessment that if you are highly successful in life you are highly successful with women. However, I think your point that if you are very charming you'll most likely have a good job in say sales, finance, marketing, etc. You'll also be pretty darn good with women.

thoughts...?

People with social jobs are in general good with females, people with great success at their profession aren't. Most waiters/bouncers/salesguys I've met are chick magnets, most IT guys I know aren't, even if most of them make a ****load more money. Watch a couple of episodes of "The Big Bang Theory".

Red Arremer

Counterexample: I am extremely successful professionally, but as for women... just look at my other posts on this forum. I am probably the exception as opposed to the rule though.

Successful men are confident.

Actually it's the other way around, confident men appear to be successful.

Since op sees confident men having success with women and he assumes they are more successful than average he starts this thread, sounds possible?

Actually it's the other way around, confident men appear to be successful.

Since op sees confident men having success with women and he assumes they are more successful than average he starts this thread, sounds possible?

Nah, I have experienced it myself. We men are taught to measure our self-worth by our success. Doesnt matter how good looking they are, you can compare the confidence of a jobless man and a successful man and see a huge difference.

Counterexample: I am extremely successful professionally, but as for women... just look at my other posts on this forum. I am probably the exception as opposed to the rule though.

There are absolutely beautiful women who have self-esteem issues because they dont realize how beautiful they are.

The same can be said about men like you. You dont realize how much of a catch you are.

Edited by musemaj11

This is only really true for sales, or other professions where networking or similar skills are a prerequisite for success. It's simply not the case for the majority of careers.

There are a LOT of people with successful careers out there who have a miserable time with their dating life. Sometimes even because their prioritising of career & money leaves them less room for a social life and less time to develop social skills.

All these very expensive matchmaking sites & services where subscriptions can run into thousands of dollars simply wouldn't exist if career and romantic success were that closely linked.

I imagine there is some correlation. However I've know men who just get by and live by sofa surfing or etc who get more tail than you can shake a stick at. I also know men who are successful in life, middle class that is. Own a house, good job car etc who have little to no luck. Of course you have to factor in physical attractiveness and confidence. One man can be extremely confident in his work yet not have that confidence with women.

• Author

My whole life, I pretty much got my way with anything. Growing up, I was always able to get out of trouble or whatever situation I was in just by talking and being liked.

I translated this in to success with my life, career, and women. I don't get it. For the people who have a good job, how are you not able to get women? You must of networked to get an interview, efficiently sell yourself to the interviewer, and got the job. You must interact with your colleagues on a daily basis and deal with whatever problems that arises. Also, going out to a club it feels good to know you are better than the majority of the people in the place financially.

a guy can be successful and horrible at getting women either because he is not attractive fit, or lacks social skills.

being successful and getting women has nothing to do with it at all. its about the physical, emotional attraction between the 2 people. i know people that dont work and get alot of a$$. or who do work have a great life salary and bad luck with the ladies.

my guy friend makes over 300k$ a year, very successful and has horrible luck with women bc they gold dig him. mind you hes pretty good looking (toobad theres no chemistry between us haha!)

GoodOnPaper
I've been noticing lately that most normal, successful people have no issues getting women and have a steady stream of female attention.

Maybe, but I'd certainly be an exception -- I have a PhD, a job I can't be fired from and have set funding records at my place of employment -- and I was always terrible at attracting women. Looks and charisma lead to success and women. But success without the looks and charisma isn't enough to attract the women.