9 month anniversary

kalena9488

Tommorrow we'll have been dating for 9 months. Now I've been out of this dating business for along time. I was married for 17 years! Now divorced! Anyway I'd like to know if during the first year it is appropriate to atleast bring up the fact that we've been dating for 9 months! I was just thinking about sending an ecard with a little message reflecting that fact!

Most Definatley. My boyfriend and I will be dating 9 months on the 29th and we celebrated our 3 month, 6 month, and hopefully soon, our 9 month

Ecards are nice thought, I send one at least once a week.

Good Luck!

Justa

Most definitely... Have you acknowledged any other anniversaries? I guess it depends on how you guys do things. For example, my boyfriend and I celebrate every month. We just celebrated our 7th month and will do so every month until 1 year. Then after that, we'll just celebrate every 6 months, with the year mark being a big one. If you guys aren't big on anniversaries, then an E-card is definitely most appropriate.

• Author

I had acknowledged our 6 month anniversary but, honestly got no response from him. Of course, if my memory serves me correctly he was a little upset with me at the time! So, I went ahead and sent a nice ecard. We'll see if I get a response! Thanks for the input!

Do you know if the guys are truly interested in doing the monthly anniversary or what have you?

Generally, I'm only into the yearly thing. I find the other things kinda trivial, to be honest.

Kevin, it really depends on the couple. What you find trivial is special to other people. So be it! My boyfriend is the one that pioneered the monthly celebration thing. He's so sweet. He gives me roses based on how many months we've been together. No other guy has been so sweet and caring to me about stuff like that. It just makes me love and appreciate him even more!

Wow...hang onto that one!

I thought about getting my girl a rose for every month we've been together but that would be a hell of a lot of roses.

I get roses or whatever flower seems to hit his fancy for whatever reason.

I got flowers just a couple weeks ago just for the simple fact that he was having a bad day in the office and figured I was too (our bad/good days seem to coincide), so he called up our local florist and said...hey it's me...my girl needs flowers.

But honestly, we've never really talked about celebrating anything, we just do it. I'll get a card and something small for him, and he'll get flowers and a meal for me.

~justa~

I'm more into the spur of the moment kind of thing. I got my girlfriend a necklace for no reason other than I'm nuts about her.

That's sweet Kevin! See? We all express our love for one another in different/random ways. I believe in random gifts/surprises that aren't expected too. Those are actually the best!

I totally hear you on that one. The other day on just a random drive through town, my boyfriend looks over at me and goes..."you know, I just came to the conclusion today while I was studing for my test was that....I enjoy spending every single minute of my day with you....and miss you when I don't"

I was like.....awwwwwww...he almost made me tear up. Two days later...flowers. Whatta guy!

Sounds like Kevin is a keeper also....his girlfriend is so lucky!

That is really sweet, imjustagirl. Awww... I guess we're all pretty lucky. A lot of guys are afraid to say stuff like that but it seems like we both have vocal guys, which makes all the difference in the world, in my opinion. It really is the little things like that, that matters. It's nice to have some positive posts on here focused around successful love! Thanks for sharing!

I have never been afraid to show my emotions or talk about them. Could be one of my downfalls, I guess. Sometimes.

My girlfriend works at a hospital near my apartment, so the other day, while she was still there, I got a rose and put it on her windshield underneath the wiper. I wasn't around that night but I got home to a message saying how pretty the rose was and how surprised she was.

every month jon and i get each other something special. Sometimes big, some times not. This month i got him a halloween tie. LOL, i wonder what i'll get. I always tell him too. I'm like, hey i got you a gift, but you can't have it till the 20th. He's so funny, one time he looks at me and goes, your purse is to small, then on an aniversary he took me to a mall and i picked out a cute hello kitty purse, with matching wallet. He payed. LOL, that's my sweety.

And this one time we were at a shop, and i was oogaling some pendants, and when we went to leave he makes a b line for the counter and goes, i want that one. He baught it and handed it over with a word. I was like. :o It was awesome. He does great little things like that all the time. And he always pays for food. It's so nice.

Vixen :bunny:

once i had money yes, for a while i was jobless and felt bad that he always pays for movies pool and food, but once i got money i always go, "want me to pay my way, or just simply i go, want me to pay?" And he goes up to you. and i go no realy jon want me to pay, and he said it's up to you. so i go, um, if you wont say yes or no, then i'll just let you pay if you don't mind. He goes no not at all, and pays.

Justin and I didnt really do anything for month, 6 month, or even our year anniversary. But he always does little things for me, like yesterday, I took "our" car, and he took my car, filled the gas and got an oil chagne, just because I needed it:) But little things count,, like the ecard, cute thing to do. NOt too much, but it lets him know yorue thinking of it.

I can't honestly remember if my husband did the "look, we've been married X months" thing because for a lot of the marriage he worked away from home. But he's always been the one to remember our wedding anniversary, which strikes me as sweet.

he's also really pretty generous about keeping the fluids up in my car, especially when I'm going out of town, and even if I've set aside money for those trips, he makes sure to give me more, which, to me, goes above and beyond the call of duty, because I know that he's dipping into his "Wal-Mart" fund to do that. Or he'll buy me chocolate just because.

as niko said, it's those little things that count.

because for a lot of the marriage he worked away from home.

Does that meen you didn't see him very often? How did you handle it if that's the case. Does it come accross as a big deal to you? Is it not the love that matters most?

I personally don't see the point in making a big deal out of montly milestones in a relationship.....and I think a lot of guys would perhaps feel overwhelmed if each month, or other than significant ones (like 1 yr, etc), their gal made a deal about it. It seems sort of "junior high" to me. I'd be more inclined to just send an e-card letting him know you're thinking about him and glad you have him in your life....versus making mention of it being "9 months"......a lot of guys feel uncomfortable if they feel the gal is "counting the months"..makes them feel pressured, like she's keeping a chart somewhere and has everything all planned out and that at "some point" he's going to be expected to pop the question, or such.

I think acknowledging and celebrating yearly anniversaries are just fine, but anything else, to me, is corny and cheesy. Just my opinion.

• Author

Well, I sent an ecard for yesterday! And it just so happened that he made me dinner, desert, lunch for today and left a home grown white rose in my fridge yeserday when I got home. Now I know he didn't remember we'd been dating for 9 months because I asked him after he got the card. He said he didn't realize we had been seeing each other that long. Now I said "that could be bad or good" he said "good"! Then this morning I got a sexy ecard from him telling me he'd been thinking about me! See he was working the night shift yesterday! Well, all weekend actually! So I have to admit things are good and I'm crazy about him!