Is it true that every woman wishes to be tall?

Hopeful30

Is it true that every woman wishes she was tall? (If she isnt already of course)

Nope. I'm happy where I'm at (5'3").

Going in a slightly different direction.

Are there any women who wish they were shorter?

No, of course not!

(oh, okay....yes!)

My partner would be miffed though. He loves my petite-ness.

I just wish I could reach that really good aubergine at the back of the box, instead of the skanky, small bruised ones at the front.

Someone tall's obviously put the good one right at the back...I call that heightist....

threebyfate

I joke around about my own shortness but frankly speaking, like being petite. So no, not every woman wants to be tall.

Are you drawing this conclusion based on women liking tall men as form of compensation? If so, you're pointing in the wrong direction. Some of us love tall men since when they wrap themselves around us, we feel both protected and cherished. It's a very feminine feeling, feeling weak and small, juxtaposed against the tall and strong.

• Author
I joke around about my own shortness but frankly speaking, like being petite. So no, not every woman wants to be tall.

Are you drawing this conclusion based on women liking tall men as form of compensation? If so, you're pointing in the wrong direction. Some of us love tall men since when they wrap themselves around us, we feel both protected and cherished. It's a very feminine feeling, feeling weak and small, juxtaposed against the tall and strong.

No. I ask because a man told me that the other day and im curious where he got that idea.

I guess it sucks for tall women who cant find a man to make them feel safe and protected.

threebyfate
No. I ask because a man told me that the other day and im curious where he got that idea.

I guess it sucks for tall women who cant find a man to make them feel safe and protected.

You'll have to ask him.

Not necessarily. Not all women want exactly the same thing, hence why my post stated "some of us".

That's why I made my previous post.

I think more women would actually wish to be shorter if they were tall instead of wanting to be tall if they were short.

I wish I were shorter. I'm just about 5'7". I would like to wear HEELS, but feel like I tower over others at times. I think like 5'4" would be perfect. =)

I've ALWAYS wanted to be tall. I'm 5'7" but always have wanted to be at least as tall as my dad, who's 5'10". I started wearing heels in 5th grade. Almost all my closest friends are shorter than I am. I get jealous when I see a tall girl with mile-long legs. And no, I don't prefer dating tall men and never have.

kiss_andmakeup

I am moderately tall (5'9) and while I don't dislike it, I definitely don't wish I were taller. Shopping for pants is hard enough already.

Maybe your guy friend said this because high fashion models are tall?

I also don't subscribe to the "I need a man who is taller than me to make me feel safe and feminine" ideal...my boyfriend is only 5'10 so in heels I am taller than him. He still makes me feel safe and protected (he's got about 70lbs on me so he should). :]

God it feels good to be blessed by god as a Tall Man,i can see why were so cherished in the dating world

:cool:

I'm average height or slightly on the taller side (5' 5") and sometimes I wish I were a couple inches shorter because I think I'd look cuter. However, when I go to clubs, I tend to be on the tallish side and I like that because I can see the DJ. Also, I don't need a ladder in my apartment because a chair and reaching works fine.

So I'd say I'm happy precisely where I'm at.

• Author
I wish I were shorter. I'm just about 5'7". I would like to wear HEELS, but feel like I tower over others at times. I think like 5'4" would be perfect. =)

Lol youre funny

Im 5'10 and wear 4 inch heels all the time

Is it true that every woman wishes she was tall? (If she isnt already of course)

Anybody who is secure with themselves doesn't really give a **** about there own height, whether they be a man or a woman.

Anybody who is secure with themselves doesn't really give a **** about there own height, whether they be a man or a woman.

If you're a short Man you have reason to be insecure,a short Man is like a fat or obese women in the dating world

They only wish this so then every man is shorter than them and they have their pick of men to reject for being short. It gives them so many more hearts to break.

Just kidding about this so don't take offense.

kiss_andmakeup
They only wish this so then every man is shorter than them and they have their pick of men to reject for being short. It gives them so many more hearts to break.

Just kidding about this so don't take offense.

Actually (and I know you're joking :p) it seems that the taller women tend to care less about potential mates' height than more petite women.

Just from my personal observations both IRL and on this forum.

If you're a short Man you have reason to be insecure,a short Man is like a fat or obese women in the dating world

You can have any reason to be insecure, you aren't a victim, you would have to make the choice to be insecure.

Actually (and I know you're joking :p) it seems that the taller women tend to care less about potential mates' height than more petite women.

Just from my personal observations both IRL and on this forum.

lol its true i wonder why that is

Im 5'8 and the few women that have been into me have been around my height maybe a little taller

The few times ive been called short or that im 5'2 is by women aorund 5'2 or 5'3

Some short Women seem to not like and be condescenending towards short men

NoMagicBullet

I'm a short female, and I wish I was taller, at least enough to not have to shop in the "Petites" section; finding clothes that look good and fit right is a chore. It seems that there are many more choices on the regular racks.

As far as feeling protected by a taller man, I find it's more about attitude than physique. I had a boyfriend who was a foot taller than me, but he rarely showed affection (hugs, handholding) and showed no empathy that I couldn't reach the tops of the shelves in the kitchen -- where he'd regularly put stuff because it was convenient for him. I didn't feel safe or protected with him at all. Of course, he's a long-gone ex, now. Men who did make me feel safe consistently showed they cared. It didn't have anything to do with height, build, etc.

I'm a hair under 5'4" and sometimes I wish I was taller by a couple inches ONLY so I wouldn't have to hem my pants (pain in the arse!) and could wear flats more often in professional or more formal situations and not look so tiny.

Otherwise, I like my size, particularly for the reasons TBF stated.

NoMagicBullet
lol its true i wonder why that is

Im 5'8 and the few women that have been into me have been around my height maybe a little taller

The few times ive been called short or that im 5'2 is by women aorund 5'2 or 5'3

Some short Women seem to not like and be condescenending towards short men

I'm 5' 2.75" (on a good day), and I don't understand why a woman shorter than you would be derisive about it. (Personally, I don't care how tall a man is, but I guess I'm weird.) People like what they like, but really -- calling you short? Seems hypocritical. If it's about preference, would it be nicer if they said "I prefer to date men who are built like trees?"

Cracker Jack

Most of my women friends would usually complain about not being tall enough. They're around the 5'5"-5'6" range, so I never understood why they felt so short.