Make a move already

seesalt

I am totally confused. (Not that that's a rarity.) Went out with I guy I have known for a long time on Sat. I met him and some of his friends at a local bar for a drink. We talked, flirted, had a great time, as always. We ended up making out- nothing too serious- and left it at an awkward, "I'll call you. I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. This always happens with him. Everything goes SO well, and then, at the end of the night, it is SO awkward. We have both had serious relationships with other people in the past, so I don't think it's the fact that we are the type to play with people's feelings.

IN our conversations, we both always "hint" at "relationship" stuff. I told him last week that I didn't feel I had ever met a man that was my match- and he has brought it up since. He told me on Sat. that he had been thinking about it all week- not any further elaboration, though. He also said that he would be interested to know the dynamics of some of my past relationships. I don't think that he would care if he was uninterested in getting more involved, would he?

I know the response is out there, "this is the 21st century, women don't have to wait for men to make the first move anymore." But, honestly, I pretty scared of rejection if I push things. I just don't want to do the casual relationship thing forever.

Has this ever happened to you?

yes it has happened to me. i got so frustrated that i got over my attraction and we've been best friends for almost five years.

the best advice i can give you is to find your balls and lay your cards out on the table.