Is it normal for guys to think: "Now what?" when a girl says yes to a date

bolso4

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who really doesn't know what he's doing and is basically making stuff up as they go along?

I asked a girl out on a date who I hadn't spoken to in years. She said yes surprisingly, and now I'm pretty much having no idea how to continue. I get pretty anxious in situations like these.

kiss_andmakeup

Ask her what her schedule is like, choose a date/time that works for both of you, and then suggest a venue. Pretty simple really.

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who really doesn't know what he's doing and is basically making stuff up as they go along?

I asked a girl out on a date who I hadn't spoken to in years. She said yes surprisingly, and now I'm pretty much having no idea how to continue. I get pretty anxious in situations like these.

Yes it's normal, just takes a bit of practise. Bring her to a movie or something like that where you don't feel pressured into what to talk about and can discuss the movie afterwards.

Oh and best of luck!!

Ask her what her schedule is like, choose a date/time that works for both of you, and then suggest a venue. Pretty simple really.

Yes, exactly. Ask her how her schedule looks for the week, suggest a day. Say you will be in the area that day, ask her to text you her address. Say you will pick her up at X time.

Usually, you can't go wrong with drinks first and a restaurant near by if you feel it has potential followed by a lounge/bar/club after and possibly back to your/her place.

ChessPieceFace

I've heard a movie is a bad first date because the success of the date partially hinges on the success of the movie (and most movies suck), and that it's hard to really interact with your date while in a dark theater trying to watch a movie.

As for if other guys are nervous in your situation -- yeah I would feel the same way, but I'm a 35yo guy who has never been on an official date. The fact that I would feel the same way isn't a good thing for you LOL. I think you better "up your game" if you want to succeed with this girl. I hate telling anyone to act piggish or manipulative like the dating guides suggest. My advice is obviously all theoretical (which is still OK since I'm a genius) but I would just say, try not to be nervous and try not to hinge your entire happiness on the success of one date. Because you will be crushed if it doesn't work out, because most first dates probably don't work out, AND because it will cause you to behave in such a way that the date probably won't work out. So, be like me in just the single following sense: stop caring so much. It's just a date and 1 person in the world. Be yourself, don't worry about it. I can't really apply that advice to myself yet but I am confident in giving it.