Straight gal dating a bisexual...will this end in tragedy

Holly

The guy I'm dating, 20, has told me before that he is bisexual. I consider myself a normal 22 year old young woman with only hetero inclinations, and have always assumed I'd be with a guy who is similarly straight. He hasn't done anything sexual with a guy before, but I wonder if he will need to eventually. I would support him if he wanted to explore a same sex relationship, but only as his friend.

We get along very well. I enjoy his intelligence and his wit. We have a very strong physical chemistry and I find him extremely attractive. The problem is that he thinks we will get married someday, and I really can't imagine myself marrying a man who is curious about being with a man.

I've told him, go ahead and find a boyfriend if that's what you want. To which he replied, he wants to be with me. He did add that he's curious about being with a guy, and seemed to be a little sheepish about the idea but not unpleasantly surprised at my comments. He maintains that he would be open to a relationship with either gender, as long as it was right and made him happy.

I guess I assume that he's suppressing his homosexual feelings. I don't know how he could be satisfied with me if he is curious about guys. Basically I'm just concerned that if I get too attached to him he will eventually need to experience the other side of his sexuality. Being straight myself, this notion is completely foreign and frightening, and unsettling. I just want a straight guy who enjoys me in all of my femaleness, but I love the qualities that make him who he is.

Help. Will I end up with the short end of the stick, being a straight person involved in a LTR with a bisexual, even if that person claims to be completely happy with me right now??? It seems his bi-curiosity is just that, an openness to the possibility of a same sex relationship, but nonetheless I am struggling with this situation.

missDietitian

NOt necessarily. He said so himself, whatever makes him happy. If he feels beeing with you makes him happy, than you should be happy with that. Are you going to end with the short end of the stick? It doesn sound like it

I would be happy right now, that he is happy with you, and if something else should happen, then it will happne. But dont worry about it until it happens, if it happnes.:)

I don't think fantasies are the problem. If he hasn't done anything with a guy, how does he know he's bisexual? Could be he's just bicurious. Either way, he certainly might have trouble if he never gets to at least try out this curiosity. Were it me, I'd want him to go check it out and see if it's something he couldn't live without for the sake of peace of mind.

If it is just that he is bicurious that bothers you, then you might as well drop him. Some people consider stuff like this to be a character flaw and don't tolerate even the idea.