Rushing an engagement because he thinks he's "suppposed to"?

psadvocate

We have been dating 5 months and I do believe he is the one...we are discussing rings at this point, and talking about marriage. Lately I've been worried he's only doing it because he thinks he SHOULD.

We have been talking about moving in together lately, and I told him I think I will live with my parents until we get married, if that happens..in order to save money. He seemed EXTREMELY excited about this...which also made me nervous! Is he hiding something? I know during a drunken/just got dumped moment, he had experimented in oral with a guy...I KNOW he likes girls, but i'm worried its possibly in addition to guys...does any of this sound suspicious?? Or could he really just be that in love and okay with talking about marriage?

Personally I think 5 months is a little on the early side for engagement. However there's no rules set in stone for this sort of stuff.

As for the gay experimentation, most people have some fantasies and want to experiment. My guess is he did it once and found it wasn't the right thing for him so I wouldn't hold it against him.

I would suggest you live together for a short while before marriage just to see how compatible you are.:)