Hanging out with his brother

LonerGirl

Simple question. Can be for guys or girls.

A guy I have been dating for a month has made plans for me and him to go to dinner with his brother who he is really close to. He also talks about me coming with them to celebrate his brother's birthday in a few months. I've met his brother only briefly twice.

Question: Is this a good sign that he wants me to spend time with his brother and him? Or am I looking too deep into it? If you're a guy reading this, would you only have a girl that you are dating hang out with your bro/sis if you were seriously thinking if integrating her into your life? In my mind I got so happy that he wanted me to come and get to know a part of his family, but am I jumping forward too quickly?

Simple question. Can be for guys or girls.

A guy I have been dating for a month has made plans for me and him to go to dinner with his brother who he is really close to. He also talks about me coming with them to celebrate his brother's birthday in a few months. I've met his brother only briefly twice.

Question: Is this a good sign that he wants me to spend time with his brother and him? Or am I looking too deep into it? If you're a guy reading this, would you only have a girl that you are dating hang out with your bro/sis if you were seriously thinking if integrating her into your life? In my mind I got so happy that he wanted me to come and get to know a part of his family, but am I jumping forward too quickly?

What's the problem here exactly? It's a great sign that he wants you to have lunch with his brother who he's close to. It'd be a horrible sign if he wasn't trying. A month of dating (depends on the relationship) seems like a great time for him to open up that door and let you see his family and let his family see you. I think it shows that he's serious about you, especially since he's already making plans for the near future for you to come to his brother's birthday bash.

Again..what's the problem?

• Author

Thanks, for the reply lilmisus. The problem is with me over analyzing things and I had to make sure I wasn't seeing something that wasn't there. But what you said made sense.

The only worry I have is that he says that with a lot of things going on in his life (he started university after being out in the real world and working for 10 years) that he can't focus on having a girlfriend right now. He said this about 3 weeks ago. I understood and thought that was the end of us dating. However, after he told me that we know see each other everyday and he texts or calls me everyday as well. So I was thinking a relationship wasn't what he wanted, but ever since he said that he has been doing things that seem to contradict that original statement. I really like him, but am a little confused. He even mentioned me coming to his house for dinner. Just today he mentioned that we are not going to see each other for two days and he seemed to want to know my reaction to that.

My bf introduced me to his friends really quickly when we started dating. Yes, it's a good sign, it shows he's really invested in you.

Question: Is this a good sign that he wants me to spend time with his brother and him?

i never introduce casual flings to family or close friends...

• Author

Thanks for the responses alphamale and D-Lish!

I'm super excited to go to dinner now, but am nervous about what to talk with his brother about. I'm not very good at conversations and get shy around people I don't know. Plus we have an hour drive to the restaurant! I hope I don't mess this up! But more excited than nervous, thankfully!

I'm super excited to go to dinner now, but am nervous about what to talk with his brother about. I'm not very good at conversations and get shy around people I don't know. Plus we have an hour drive to the restaurant! I hope I don't mess this up! But more excited than nervous, thankfully!

ahh...just get hammered and you'll have plenty to talk about

Thanks for the responses alphamale and D-Lish!

You'll do fine, don't worry. The worst thing you can do is worry too much and then be a total wreck when you get there. You might even want to ask of different topics that his family likes to talk about or what they might say so you could be somewhat more prepared and not taken off guard.

But, just beware that he's already said that he's not really looking for a relationship, so don't try pushing one on him or expecting him to introduce you as his "girlfriend" or anything. Just because he's showing great signs of being totally into you, doesn't mean that he's ready to make THAT much of a commitment yet. If after a certain time you feel like you want him to make that commitment and he hasn't already, sit him down and talk to him about it and make sure y'all are on the same page.

But like I said, you have nothing to worry about. :)

• Author
But, just beware that he's already said that he's not really looking for a relationship, so don't try pushing one on him or expecting him to introduce you as his "girlfriend" or anything.

Trust me, that is always in the back of my mind, which is why he confuses me sometimes. For example, yesterday he talked about the future as if one day he will hear from me out of the blue (which means we won't be together), but then the next second he talks about how we should move to Cali together. Confusing! I'm the sort of person that would not even hang out with a guy so often if I was not romantically interested. But he knows I like him and that at this point in my life I am ready for a relationship, so I guess the ball is in his court. Right now I just have to enjoy myself I guess. Dinner is tomorrow and I'm pretty excited to hang out with his brother and him. We'll see how it goes.

Oh, and about the drinking thing. Him and his brother are both trying to be sober and I don't drink. So I wish we could just get drunk and have a good time, but no can do, lol. Although it was a fun suggestion. Still don't know what to talk about, but the guy I'm hanging out with is pretty talkative so I'll just follow his lead.

NoMagicBullet

You've only been dating a month; I think it would be normal for both of you to be uncertain and maybe even a little conflicted at this stage. Sounds as if the idea of getting serious with you appeals to him, despite him thinking that having a girlfriend now is not practical. It's still early yet, so don't worry too much about it right now. Definitely a good thing to meet his brother -- enjoy dinner!

Some people only introduce their friends and family to people they are really interested in; for others it's not a big deal and doesn't mean anything. Just take it at face value and enjoy :)