Age gaps

Guardian299

The guy i have been seeing is 11 years older than me, and we have been dating for about 2 months. He (being older) has treated me like gold, and i have been in plenty of really bad relationships before - this was a breath of fresh air.

He tells me that he really likes me and we see each other every weekend and have a great time. But recently he said he has a problem with the age gap. Now its understandable, but i simply said if i wasnt happy - i wouldnt be here. He said he felt i would be missing out on things in life like going out etc, but i said (as he knows) im not one for being out on the lash anyway.

He came into this knowing the score so i dont see why he would put in all this effort to suddenly have a problem. I see myself as out of my time anyway, love older films and music (sililar to him).....the only thing that has changed in the last week or two is he went to see his family the other weekend and told them about seeing me - i dont know if he told them how old i was, i know he showed them a picture.

Could it be just that now its coming up to two months he is just scared to take the next step into being "official" so is poking holes??

Any advice on how i can help him get through the doubts?

thanks.....G

ShatteredReality

My dad was 17yrs older than my mom. He treated her like dirt, however, so after 21 yrs together she left him. My stepdad is 11 yrs younger than her. They have been together for 18yrs now - he treats her very good and he gave up some big things to be with her - like having kids. I mean I was her youngest and she was done having children...so he had to walk into the preteen years of a girl who just weathered a nasty dirty divorce with a dad who constantly played head games and put her in the middle of everything - and he did just fine with me IMO. So age gaps? They're only as important as people make them out to be...