The Match.com murder

lovingone

Ok so I saw this today on tv and ofcourse it got my attention because I am involved in internet dating. I thought I would come here to get some other opinions on this story.

Some guy in Las Vegas named Wade Mitchell Ridley is in custody because he stabed to death an ex-girlfriend AND critically injured a woman he had been seeing from Match.com for about a week. Apparently he felt rejected and wanted revenge.

Ok so yes this should alert us online daters, but does that make online dating sites bad? Well the girlfriend that Ridley actually killed didn't come from a dating site.

I always tell people that I ended up coming across the profile of a guy that used to go to church with me on match.com. Great guy, just not my type. So I kind of use that as a measure of the fact that their are normal people on dating sites.

And you can meet psychos anywhere IF you aren't observant and don't do your homework on someone before you get involved.

One of the guys I am currently considering dating goes to a college a block from my house and lives maybe 2 miles a way...

I like to think that anyone I meet online that lives around 10 miles or less from me, I could have just as well met them at the mall or something.

Edited by lovingone

They had been seeing each other for a week. The only thing I see different about this particular case was that they had met on an online dating site as opposed to a bar, mall, or wherever.

There are psychos everywhere, not just online.

Ok so yes this should alert us online daters, but does that make online dating sites bad?

No, it makes the world bad.