Expecting more from the guys interested in me on Valentine's day?

Gypsy_Soul

Should I expect something from the guys interested in me on Valentine's day?

So far I've gotten a couple of "Happy Valentine's Day" texts. I think this is so lazy and lame. How about flowers, a card, a poem, a something? Am I expecting too much from guys who want to date me seriously?

I'm asking because I believe in traditional dating. I know times have changed and people believe in just hanging out and having sex on the first meeting and all that weird stuff.

Edited by GorgeousGirl
Should I expect something from the guys interested in me on Valentine's day?

So far I've gotten a couple of "Happy Valentine's Day" texts. I think this is so lazy and lame. How about flowers, a card, a poem, a something? Am I expecting too much from guys who want to date me seriously?

Well what are you giving them back?

My policy is that I don't give anything to a girl on Valentine's Day that I'm not dating yet. In fact, I've never done anything on V Day for a girl I'm not sleeping with yet?

Why are you expecting anything from guys who want to date you. V-day is for serious couples.

Even then you shouldn't expect anything.

• Author

I'm giving them my time and attention. That's what I figured, most guys have that mentality of she needs to be putting out for me to take her on a date or get anything from me. Is somebody being a jerk?;)

My policy is that I don't give anything to a girl on Valentine's Day that I'm not dating yet. In fact, I've never done anything on V Day for a girl I'm not sleeping with yet?

• Author
Why are you expecting anything from guys who want to date you. V-day is for serious couples.

Hmm serious couples? Really? So I guess they shouldn't celebrate it in schools and other places. Weird.

Hmm serious couples? Really? So I guess they shouldn't celebrate it in schools and other places. Weird.

I wasn't aware you were in elementary school. My mistake.

I hope you get lots of cards for your bag.

I'm giving them my time and attention. That's what I figured, most guys have that mentality of she needs to be putting out for me to take her on a date or get anything from me. Is somebody being a jerk?;)

And they are doing likewise for you!

My way works for me, so I'm sticking with it. I'm actually a pretty considerate boyfriend for the woman I do commit to, and a *ahem* nice guy. Really. ;)

• Author

Riight, that explains your name:rolleyes: Anyway, that's not enough for me, they need to step their game up. I'm not putting out for nobody or committing to nobody for a simple valentine's gesture, other than texting.

Works for me.

And they are doing likewise for you!

My way works for me, so I'm sticking with it. I'm actually a pretty considerate boyfriend for the woman I do commit to, and a *ahem* nice guy. Really. ;)

• Author

I never said that, learn to read.

I wasn't aware you were in elementary school. My mistake.

I hope you get lots of cards for your bag.

• Author
Romantic guys tend to give flowers, serious guys tend to buy gifts.

Thanks, that's what I figured, just double checking.

I agree with this.

Romantic guys tend to give flowers, serious guys tend to buy gifts.
I got both from the same guy (flowers, candy, and gift). I guess he's a seriously romantic guy, lol!
Thanks, that's what I figured, just double checking.

Yes, but only if you are in somewhat of a serious relationship already.

Like other people said, making a big deal out of Valentine's day is for serious couples only, and also a hyped up commercial business strategy. I also never do anything more than a quick "happy valentine's" day message unless we are already dating AND are fairly serious. That's not being a jerk, that's called not being dumb.

I never said that, learn to read.

Woosh!

I'll break it down for you. What grades do the celebrate valentines day in school?

• Author

I've heard of people sending their crushes valentine's cards, gifts, etc. So it's not just for serious couples.

Yes, but only if you are in somewhat of a serious relationship already.

Like other people said, making a big deal out of Valentine's day is for serious couples only, and also a hyped up commercial business strategy. I also never do anything more than a quick "happy valentine's" day message unless we are already dating AND are fairly serious. That's not being a jerk, that's called not being dumb.

• Author

Either way, if they don't put in any effort into showing any interest in me especially on valentine's day well they shouldn't expect anything from me either. At all. That's all there is to it. Enough said.

Women don't give anything back. At this point that should be common knowledge.

Like she says she gives them time and attention... Yeah the guys are the ones giving her time and attention in the first place. But the thing is she(the woman) isn't the one looking for a relationship, women couldn't really care less if they were permanentley single. They have a take it or leave it attitude towards men, hence why they expect men to do all the work.

Thats why they make men work so hard to get them and have so high demands. I used to think it was frustrating to know that too... But know I have accepted it. If men didn't work so hard or tried to impress so much to get women, then mankind would die out... eventually.

Do you realize your initial post and title says "guys" right?

As in plural - as in more than one - as in why would you need more than on valentine - as in if a guy know your chance is plural why would he get anything for you on valentine beyond a text - as in more than one.

I've heard of people sending their crushes valentine's cards, gifts, etc. So it's not just for serious couples.

To be honest, if she wanted to be my GF, she would of already done it BEFORE V-day.

Therefore I view it a waste of my time & money.

I really think Steak & BJ day should be in January instead of March. It would put the women on their toes.

Either way, if they don't put in any effort into showing any interest in me especially on valentine's day well they shouldn't expect anything from me either. At all. That's all there is to it. Enough said.

If this is so important, then why don't you do it? Buy him a gift. I've heard some women buy Valentine's day cards and gifts for men. I've also heard some women would approach and hit up on men.

• Author

Of course, same reason why I multi-date.

Do you realize your initial post and title says "guys" right?

As in plural - as in more than one - as in why would you need more than on valentine - as in if a guy know your chance is plural why would he get anything for you on valentine beyond a text - as in more than one.

• Author

I am interested in a serious relationship that leads to marriage. I don't have time for guys that aren't serious about me. I know what I bring to the table.

Women don't give anything back. At this point that should be common knowledge.

Like she says she gives them time and attention... Yeah the guys are the ones giving her time and attention in the first place. But the thing is she(the woman) isn't the one looking for a relationship, women couldn't really care less if they were permanentley single. They have a take it or leave it attitude towards men, hence why they expect men to do all the work.

Thats why they make men work so hard to get them and have so high demands. I used to think it was frustrating to know that too... But know I have accepted it. If men didn't work so hard or tried to impress so much to get women, then mankind would die out... eventually.

Of course, same reason why I multi-date.

I understand hun, but I think you are setting your standards a tad to high.

If this is so important, then why don't you do it? Buy him a gift. I've heard some women buy Valentine's day cards and gifts for men. I've also heard some women would approach and hit up on men.

You missed the point. Men are givers, women are recievers. Men give and give and women... well they take. That was the point of this thread, she wants men to give her gifts and she'll give them "time and attention" in return. But honestly though this is nature, I as a man want to spend money and gifts on women. Makes me feel good... It shows I'm the one with the money :laugh:

And you've "heard" women approach men and hit up on men? I'm sorry but it's a myth. I've heard about it too, but I have also heard about alot of things like toothfairys, satan and the loch ness monster.