Just deleted my OkCupid profile

Leeway Harris

Leeway Harris

I feel so liberated! It was such an incredible waste of time. Not just the time spent reading through all the profiles, or composing thoughtful, interesting messages. But also the time spent wondering why nobody ever wrote back. I agonized over that for so long. Is it my location? Is it my income? Is it my username? Is something wrong with my pictures? Am I not just not good enough? Is every other man on this site superior to me?

Well, I'm done. I don't know what it is the women of OkCupid want, but I obviously don't have it. It's not just that they don't want to go out with me, they want nothing to do with me at all. Not only do they decline to communicate with me through the site, they can't even be bothered to click on my profile!

But whatever. It's not my problem anymore! The profile is gone. No more being tempted to see if I got any more views. No more thinking "Maybe I'll write her, because you never know! Hurp derp durrr!!!" I may end up being single for the rest of my life, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste any more effort trying desperately to get noticed on OkCupid. I'm not that pathetic.

I think that's my new motto: I'm not that pathetic!

I feel so liberated! It was such an incredible waste of time. Not just the time spent reading through all the profiles, or composing thoughtful, interesting messages. But also the time spent wondering why nobody ever wrote back. I agonized over that for so long. Is it my location? Is it my income? Is it my username? Is something wrong with my pictures? Am I not just not good enough? Is every other man on this site superior to me?

Well, I'm done. I don't know what it is the women of OkCupid want, but I obviously don't have it. It's not just that they don't want to go out with me, they want nothing to do with me at all. Not only do they decline to communicate with me through the site, they can't even be bothered to click on my profile!

But whatever. It's not my problem anymore! The profile is gone. No more being tempted to see if I got any more views. No more thinking "Maybe I'll write her, because you never know! Hurp derp durrr!!!" I may end up being single for the rest of my life, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste any more effort trying desperately to get noticed on OkCupid. I'm not that pathetic.

Well i'm sorry to hear you are leaving. But i can see why. I also feel like i wanna cancel my account in OKcupid too. and i probably will cause it's disappointing nobody answers nothing.

But this new girl from my city created a profile and she had the chat on so we chatted. But didn't seem like she was that interested so probably that will be the last i hear from her

Duckduckgoose

Its okay sexy mens... I live in the south, and I will give you attentions!

But... you gotta come find me! And if any girls get in the way before you find me, they win you instead!

Ready, set, go!

Internet dating is not for everyone. Time and effort spend for so little return, I can see why people are turned off. Guess you know when to call it quits and try something different.

Sorry can't help you, I'm having no luck either.

Not only do they decline to communicate with me through the site, they can't even be bothered to click on my profile!

That is frustrating!

Do you mind if I ask how long you put up with OKCupid before deleting your profile?

Oye. I just joined OK Cupid, but hearing this now makes me nervous. :eek:

Don't be nervous. If I can do it, and survive, you can do it to.

Don't be nervous. If I can do it, and survive, you can do it to.

Thank you. :) Hey, I may even end up meeting a cool environmentalist who will show me how to cut costs on my electric bill. :love::laugh::p

What a shame! I noticed a big flurry of activity this weekend - the cynic in me suspects that people are looking for Valentine's Day dates.

What a shame! I noticed a big flurry of activity this weekend - the cynic in me suspects that people are looking for Valentine's Day dates.

Probably, but what's wrong with that? :)

Looks like I'll have a quiet evening by myself tomorrow. Maybe there's something good on tv.

Oye. I just joined OK Cupid, but hearing this now makes me nervous. :eek:

Don't worry, you're a woman. You will have the complete opposite experience that Leeway Harris had.

Don't be surprised if you get 100 messages in your first month. A man would be lucky to get that many in 10 years.

Probably, but what's wrong with that? :)

Looks like I'll have a quiet evening by myself tomorrow. Maybe there's something good on tv.

Nowt's wrong with that. Just an observation. :laugh:

As a bloke, even these days, it's in your hands and you don't have to spend a quiet evening by yourself in front of the telly. :)

As a bloke, even these days, it's in your hands and you don't have to spend a quiet evening by yourself in front of the telly. :)

That's true, although my efforts so far are going unrewarded. Anyway, I'm off out to enjoy what's left of the day... who knows who I may meet? :)

• Author
Leeway Harris
Its okay sexy mens... I live in the south, and I will give you attentions!

But... you gotta come find me! And if any girls get in the way before you find me, they win you instead!

Ready, set, go!

I don't get it. Is that from a movie? Or did you have a few drinks before you posted that?

Internet dating is not for everyone. Time and effort spend for so little return, I can see why people are turned off. Guess you know when to call it quits and try something different.

I really do think that's true, it's not for everyone. It's a model that just doesn't work for me. I hope I have the willpower not to set up a new account in a few months and create a whole new profile.

OP you're not alone, don't worry. I live in NY too and I don't get much action from that site either. I mean, I have gone on some dates, but I haven't gotten many responses from women there.

What's funny is that I'll get hit on just doing ordinary every day stuff in the outside world. That just doesn't carry over to online dating sites.

I can't be bothered anymore either. Don't feel bad, I know it can bruise youe ego a bit, but you're right: you are not that pathetic.

• Author
Leeway Harris
That is frustrating!

Do you mind if I ask how long you put up with OKCupid before deleting your profile?

I was on for about six months a couple of years ago, then deleted my profile for the same reasons, pretty much. Then last Spring I decided to give it another shot. I've been on since then.

• Author
Leeway Harris

I always wonder what people mean when they say this. I think that statement is as true for men as it is for women, no more and no less.

OP you're not alone, don't worry. I live in NY too and I don't get much action from that site either. I mean, I have gone on some dates, but I haven't gotten many responses from women there.

Funny thing about New York and OkCupid, you can't search by borough, and EVERYBODY is in Brooklyn or Manhattan. I'm currently in a very boring neighborhood in Queens (moving someplace better in a couple of months, can't wait). If you were to go by the profiles on OkCupid, you would assume there were basically no single women in Queens. I know the demographics are different here, but I find it AMAZING how lopsided it is in favor of the "cool" boroughs, especially Brooklyn. While in total population, there are just as many people in Queens as there are in Brooklyn, what the freakin' hell?

What's funny is that I'll get hit on just doing ordinary every day stuff in the outside world.

I bet that feels nice. You must be very personable and approachable.

I always wonder what people mean when they say this. I think that statement is as true for men as it is for women, no more and no less.

Ask oaks, he knows what I mean ;)

I met my girlfriend on OKCupid and she's everything I could ask for in a girl and more.

As for feelings of inadequecy and self doubt.....sounds like a personal problem unrelated to OKCupid.

Funny thing about New York and OkCupid, you can't search by borough, and EVERYBODY is in Brooklyn or Manhattan. I'm currently in a very boring neighborhood in Queens (moving someplace better in a couple of months, can't wait). If you were to go by the profiles on OkCupid, you would assume there were basically no single women in Queens. I know the demographics are different here, but I find it AMAZING how lopsided it is in favor of the "cool" boroughs, especially Brooklyn. While in total population, there are just as many people in Queens as there are in Brooklyn, what the freakin' hell?

I bet that feels nice. You must be very personable and approachable.

I felt the same way about online dating in Chicago....all the women around my age were living in Lincoln Park and Wrigleyville, and it was that type of women I kept going on dates with and not enjoying myself. (or even the type of women who lacked enough respect to tell me to my face/phone/text that they didn't want to go out anymore after 5 dates).

I never thought I'd find a girl in Roscoe Village as theres nothing but married couples and families, but sure enough I found the perfect girl only 10 blocks away from me.

If you feel so negatively about something it's never good to keep doing it. But despite all the crap situations I went through in online dating (even sent me to therapy) I stuck with it for a year and a half, decided to keep it as a potential to meet new women as an additional OPTION and not my main focus of my life and it made dating so much easier. I'm glad I stuck with it because I would've never crossed paths with the girl I'm with today and I'm crazy about her.