really shy approaching women...

livingstan84

hey guys,

i'm really shy approaching girls in real life. there are times when i'm at a bar, and i can make myself walk across the room to talk to a girl. but i can really only do it after ive downed a few drinks. but if i don’t have a few drinks in me, i can't concentrate on what i'm saying because all i can think about is how nervous i am.

is this normal? does anyone else feel nervous when approaching an attractive woman? last weekend i was so nervous talking to a girl that my hand was shaking, and i ended up spilling beer on myself... i know. it's almost kind of funny.

i've been looking online on how to approach girls in public and i found a couple of ebooks and videos that seem pretty cool. they’re kind of all over the place and they seem to say the same things. They just keep telling you to expose yourself to fear and like desensitize yourself just by pushing through the pain… but i don’t know if i have that in me. i was looking around for something that i could possibly take that could make me less nervous. i don't really want to take anti-depressants or get addicted to anything though. i don't want to take prescription anti-anxiety medication.. i mean i'm fine at my job and interacting with other guys. So, i shouldn't need that, right?

i found a few herbal supplements that are supposed to calm you down. i heard st. john's sort can be good and valerian root. but i heard st. john's wort has some sort of health issues with it and valerian can make you really sleepy. i found this supplement on a forum that someone recommended for approach anxiety called A2X approach anxiety exterminator. i ordered it and i really hope it works. have any of you guys tried something like this that has been successful for you?

i know some of you guys are probably just going to tell me to man up and go and talk to girls but i just can't do it so easily. i don’t really go out that much.. maybe i should just go out more and see how it works out…

stan

Dont worry about the nervousness. That will go away as you practice talking to the women, you have to do it often to eventually stop being nervous in general. What you have to do is have an arsenal of conversation starters to use on these women, and that will make you less nervous as they eat it up. Once they start to like what youre saying, you will be more comfortable, and you will be less nervous eventually knowing what works generally on women. You will also get used to rejection and learn how to laugh it off.

Heres one tip, dont go up to the women to get their number, go up to them just to see how they react to your conversation starters. When you dont WANT anything from them, it will relax you more. You have to practice before learning how to figure out which women are actually interested in you and which ones just give you their numbers to make you go away.

Does that help?

I used to be 'afraid' of women, too.

But then I looked around me and I saw that we were living in a men's world.

There is absolutely no reason to be afraid of women. There is nothing a woman can do that a man cant do better other than giving birth of course.