Just met her... Valentines Day?

So, here is the whole story.

My friend and his new girlfriend set me up with one of their friends. We went out for a couple of drinks and dinner. I had a pretty good time, at the end of the night I walked out the girl I was set up with to her car and said “It was really nice meeting you.” She said “Yes, you too. I am sure I will see you around sometime” At that point I figured that she wasn’t into it and I was ready to leave it at that but then I sent my friend back a text message and said that I had fun but I don’t think she was into it. His new gf responded and said that her number is xxx-xxx-xxxx she asked me to give it to you. SO I have been texting her a little bit and she seems like she wants to do something this week. I need some help…

Because were so close to Valentine’s day should I take her out on VD? Should I just do something a few days before and not on VD? Or should I do both, I do not want to come on too strong and scare her away so I am just taking it reaaaaaaaaaaaaly slow.

Any opinions, especially from girls would be really helpful. Thanks guys.

Wow, timing........So close to V_Day. Tough spot to be in!

Just take her out this weekend, (Vday is Monday so you're kind of off the hook there) buy her dinner. No need to put pressure on yourself. And, I'm sure she isn't expecting flowers or chocolates from some guy she just met. I know I wouldn't if I were in that situation.

First solo date on Valentines day is not a good idea. If a guy asked me out for then, and we only had just met, it'd be a turnoff since it'd come across more as a desperate last minute date for the love holiday then as "hey I wanna get to know you," ya know? Try asking her out for this weekend, and if things go great, ask if her she has any plans for Valentine's day and say that you would love to take her out then for a nice cheesy romantic date. Don't throw all your best moves on her on Valentine's day since you just met, but keep it light and fun more than anything.

Nope. Vday, IMO, is for established relationships and giving grade school girls Sweethearts when of that age. Someone you've just met hasn't yet earned that special place in your heart which St. Valentine's, derived from the Latin valens, denoting worthy, strong, and powerful, imbues, all emotions and aspects yet to come in a budding relationship. Hope things go well :)

• Author

Well guys I think I lucked out on this one. She has night class on Monday, and works on Saturday night so I am going to shoot for our first 'solo' date on Friday. I am really not trying to seem desperate with her or anything, because I am not at all desperate. She seems really cool though so I definitely want this to work out but it wouldn't be the end of my world if it didn't. There is a lot of snow on the ground where I live so I am having trouble figuring out what we should do. I live somewhat far from a lot of the cool bars and I am not big on drinking and driving (as in I don't), I wanted to come up with something fun we could do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks guys

<s>If you just met this week before Vday I wouldn't set a date for V day. Like carhill said Vday is more of an established couples time for a date. </s>

I am in a somewhat similar situation. I have just gotten romantic with a woman I have known since last July, in a friendly way. We are going on a date after V day. I choose to send her a gift.

A single rose.

In your situation <s>don't ask her out on Vday....but perhaps</s> send a cute little valentine or something. If a little token acknowledgement on v day freaks her out then she's probably looking for the door...on the other hand if she's into you not sending/giving anything could send the wrong message too.

Well guys I think I lucked out on this one. She has night class on Monday, and works on Saturday night so I am going to shoot for our first 'solo' date on Friday. I am really not trying to seem desperate with her or anything, because I am not at all desperate. She seems really cool though so I definitely want this to work out but it wouldn't be the end of my world if it didn't. There is a lot of snow on the ground where I live so I am having trouble figuring out what we should do. I live somewhat far from a lot of the cool bars and I am not big on drinking and driving (as in I don't), I wanted to come up with something fun we could do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks guys

Bowling

Pool

A dinner date to an adult* arcade such as Dave and Busters (Perhaps for a third date as it's pricey).

A movie

A play/concert...

*not that kind of adult it's family friendly.

Nope. Vday, IMO, is for established relationships and giving grade school girls Sweethearts when of that age. Someone you've just met hasn't yet earned that special place in your heart which St. Valentine's, derived from the Latin valens, denoting worthy, strong, and powerful, imbues, all emotions and aspects yet to come in a budding relationship. Hope things go well :)

Oh good. I was thinking the same thing myself as I plan my evening san's woman. LOL!

I've noticed a strange influx of random texts from women lately that I assumed forgot I existed. If I ignored them, they would just text again. Then I remembered V-day was a couple weeks away.

Coincidence? I think not. :)

I've noticed a strange influx of random texts from women lately that I assumed forgot I existed. If I ignored them, they would just text again. Then I remembered V-day was a couple weeks away.

Coincidence? I think not. :)

Bingo!

Fella's I am telling you. If you want to meet women, this Valentines evening is the absolute one time of year that you can cash in.

Do not sit at home. Go out that evening to a club, bar, lounge, coffee house whatever you may fancy. The women you see out that night, are single. And they are not happy about it. Of course some just sit at home and bathe in self pity but those are not the type of girls you want to be meeting up with anyway.

Btw JON you dodged a bullet. Good on you.