Have You Dated Too Soon After a Breakup ?

Whatshername

I am curious. I know that I am nowhere near ready to date, but wondered how everyone else deals with this. I haven't a lot of female friends as I have not lived here long, and would love to get out and have fun, to avoid dwelling on "things"....especially weekends, as we always spent them together and it makes me feel his absence more when I am home alone on the weekends.

If you did, what happened?

Yes, this happened to me. After my breakup a year and a half ago, I started "dating" a girl that I was good friends with just a few weeks after the breakup...I had wanted to date her before, but she had a boyfriend at the time and I relegated myself to her friend zone...well, she invited me on a trip a week after the breakup and things happened...she wanted a relationship, but I was in no condition to date anyone that soon afterwards, so I told her I couldn't date her...

We're still friends even after all that, but looking back, it was a huge mistake to let her go... :(

• Author

Well USM, it is funny that you wrote that, bc there is someone who I actually met last summer when the ex bf and I had a break up. We had only spoken on the phone but were introduced by a mutual friend. He moved into my town from out of state about a year and half ago. I really cannot say why I contacted him, but I did so "as friends" and asked him to do something. I had been in on weekends for a month & was pretty miserable and really couldn't take it any longer. I have only a few female friends and one is married and the other works nights. So...........we had a bite to eat and went to the movies.

The problem is, he is obviously attracted to me and has been unsuccessful meeting anyone he wants to have a relationship with. I am emotionally not ready but like him and could go out and have fun, but I do not want to mislead or hurt him.

Dang it anyhow.

I started dating a few months after I broke up with my ex boyfriend of 3 years, which was a huge mistake. I was still in love with him and throughout the entire date, all I did was talk about my ex. My date told me to call him when I was over my ex!

I took about 6 more months off from dating until I felt confident that I could date again without thinking or mentioning my ex boyfriend.