Kinda dating kinda not? ...

binocc

I met this girl called Paulina, the first time I met her was in December, but because it was the end of school term, I went back to London for Xmas, but she added me through facebook and we chatted a bit.

First date was three weeks ago to the cinema, I realized at the end we hardly really got to know each other, so I asked her on a second date a few days later to spend the day walking around town and do stuff. She didn't reply, so I chased her up on it on Friday, she replied saying she's free, but when I texted to confirm place and time, she forgot to get back at me and hence I kinda got stood up. My initial thought was "what a bitch", but she apologized the next day, and I forgave her.

Our second date was kind of an accident, the plan was to meet up with some of her friends after work to go clubbing, but they had to work so it was just me and her, it was 10pm so I took her to a restaurant and we really hit it off, it was the first time I thought we were going somewhere. I walked her home, said lets go to a pub or something, but she invited me to her place for tea instead, so we talked a bit more and hugged and went home. There has been a few occasion where she knew I might think she might like someone else, she quickly dismisses them and say "He's just a friend", (eg, handwritten letter on her table written by a friend back home, apparently he's got a girl friend)...

few days later, my flatmate invited me to go over to her boyfriend and watch a film, Paulina joined and sat next to me. Mid way I held her hand, she tried to ignore me, but didn't pull away, I started stroking her hand with my thumb, she did a bit, but pulled away 10mins later, after the film I said I was sorry, but she said she wanted to take things slow... so I replied "as long as we are going in the right direction, I'm happy"

Third, sort of date, being in Scotland, ceilidh's (similar to country dances) are the most traditional thing you can probably do and enjoy. I invited her, and she invited some of her friends (8 other people!), I felt very pressurized cause I was "The organizer", and the dance was in the middle of no where so I had to lead 8 of her friends, plus me and her to this event. And it was terrible, usually before each dance begins, the instructor would give us a little demo on how do to the dance... anyways, I didn't get to dance much with her, she enjoyed it though. I was a bit pissed off cause I have the feeling she did not like me at all. On the bus, the group had decided to go clubbing, but I was confused cause I thought Paulina had wanted to go home, when asked again, she changed her mind and I walked her home. As soon as we left the bus, her mood seemed to have suddenly change from meh, to a secret happy, we talked (small chat), I tried to be witty and funny saying I bet I'm older than you (pretty lame, but she took it well and joked back). so usual hugs good night, big fat smile, and my usual line of "So... I'll see you soon", she replied saying see you next week, yet I'm not satisfied knowing she likes me, because she hasn't really shown me hard clues, apart from a smile here, a hug there, doing stuff together but whilst inviting other people around... so confused.

Edited by binocc