a dilemma....

likestolaugh

Hi,

I'm a visual artist (I do this for a living). Recently, a woman who I knew previously (I was her teacher) wanted to buy one of my works. We met for coffee to discuss what she was interested in. A few months later we met again for me to show her a few options... to see which kind of work she'd prefer. I told her that I would show her the work in progress if she was interested.

So today she came by my studio to see her work.. we chatted about that for a while and also my other work... finally we chatted about random things in everyday life.

Now, I've always been under the impression that she may have some romantic interest in me (or a "crush" type of thing). I am in a relationship, and I'm pretty sure I told her at some point in our earlier meetings. However, I still get the feeling that she's trying to come on to me... in the future she said she'd like to come by my studio more oftne (maybe once a month or more) to see my works (and talk I guess?). I didn't really confirm that idea for her.. I was rather vague about it all. I do not want her thinking I'm interested.

So... my dilemma. Should I write her a message saying something about "I hope you understand that our relationship is just friendly etc..."? I don't want to offend her incase she actually hasn't been interested all along. I also don't want to lose the sale of the painting (which will bring in a nice amount of money).WHat to do!?

Well next time you guys have a friendly talk then bring up your romantic interest a few times. If you keep doing that it'll become clear you are invested in your SO. If she doesn't hear about your SO at all she might be thinking you are really not into her.

Hi,........... Should I write her a message saying something about "I hope you understand that our relationship is just friendly etc..."? I

Don't do that.. Guaranteed that she will come back saying something like "WTF, are you crazy? I am just a friendly person; creepy dude"...

Next time "how was your weekend"? blah, blah, blah.. then just say, "my weekend was fine thanks, The g/f and I went to abc"... "ass-uming" it's a "girl" friend..