Being emotionally unavailable

ice salamander

ice salamander

Women love it when men are emotionally unavailable, just like Mr. Big in Sex in the City.

How else would they come up with that stuff? From real life!

We all don't love it. Go look at the blog called BaggageClaim. The woman who writes it talks a lot about Mr. Unavailable and she even references the relationship between Mr. Big and Carrie from Sex in the City. What I get from what I've read so far, she's saying that women with self-esteem issues, who have no boundaries, are attracted to and attract these men she terms Assclowns and Mr. Unavailables. She says that these women seek to validate all the negative things that they already believe about themselves. When these emotionally unavailable men treat them like crap, they take that as more evidence that they are crap. There's a whole lot of other stuff on that blog. I'm excited to have found it. Women with high/healthy self-esteem don't seek to be validated by men. They are attracted to and attract men who recognize her value, though.

Women love it when men are emotionally unavailable

all women? WHO are you referring to?

not ME!!! please don't speak for me!!!!! :mad: seriously - what an absurd generalization!

Women with high/healthy self-esteem don't seek to be validated by men. They are attracted to and attract men who recognize her value, though.

this is more my style. i really don't care what men or women think... i AM happy just being HAPPY! emotionally unavailable men? ummm, no thank you!

so stop jumping to huge generalizations about WOMEN as a whole.

Women love it when men are emotionally unavailable, just like Mr. Big in Sex in the City.

How else would they come up with that stuff? From real life!

Carrie loved Mr Big and Samantha tried and failed to hook him. None of the other main women in the show loved him.

Methinks you are making sweeping generalisations for dramatic effect.