Possible Scam?

youaretheone

youaretheone

I am a member to this online dating website and I have my photos there. This girl messages me saying that she liked my profile and would like to get to know me more, giving me her mobile number in the very first message.

I checked her profile and she looks real with all her photos and information. However, I cannot be sure if I should call her or not. What would you do in my shoes? What are the chances that she is a guy or a dangerous person meeting guys and doing something bad? Am I being paranoid?

Am I being paranoid?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........ yeahhhhhh you're being paranoid...

What is wrong with calling her ? you will know when you converse with her what is up.. if she talks real hoarse like then she is a guy :laugh:

I am a member to this online dating website and I have my photos there. This girl messages me saying that she liked my profile and would like to get to know me more, giving me her mobile number in the very first message.

I checked her profile and she looks real with all her photos and information. However, I cannot be sure if I should call her or not. What would you do in my shoes? What are the chances that she is a guy or a dangerous person meeting guys and doing something bad? Am I being paranoid?

You play it safe.

you call, chat, ask questions, and if you decide to follow through, you agree to meet in a public place, in a crowded cafe, in a situation where you can never be found or left isolated and at risk.

You tell friends where you are going, you get them to call you during your meeting and you have an emergency call sign you agree on, to say, if you're in trouble.

Belt and braces. Plan for all contingencies.

It's not that difficult.

Good luck!

paddington bear

I would never, ever give a guy my number straight off on a dating site.

In fact, I don't like to give them my number even before or after the date - even if it is just in case one of us is late and wants to send a text.

I've had a couple of experiences where the guy keeps calling and calling and messaging and messaging, and that freaks me out. So, for me, her giving you her number is weird.

However, perhaps she's been doing this online dating thing a lot and has got to the point where she just has no issues with handing out her number at the drop of a hat.