I have to reject my best friend for a second time and need your input

frenchgirl

Hi all,

I'm in a really difficult situation and need your input on how to best deal with this.

About a month ago, my very best friend (who moved out about a year ago) was in town and confessed to having "very deep" feelings for me. Unfortunately, I am not attracted to him and kindly explained to him that it wouldn't be possible. He was really nice about it and there was no drama at all.

Fast forward to this week, I hear he's in town to see his mother and would like to get together for a cup of coffee.

He eventually mentions that his mom is actually out of town and that he made the trip just to see me. I now feel like I have to reject him again. Am I jumping to conclusions or do you agree I should have another talk with him?

Thanks for your input

ConflictedGuy27

these feelings he has won't necessarily vanish in the short term; so the status quo is sort of tainted.

the lying to get you out thing... hmm.

I can see emotion/rejection leading one to do something foolish.

bottom line here is he's wanted into your pants for the past three years. unless he finds another woman and falls hard for her, it's tough to imagine going back to the naievety of yesterday -- the cat's out of the bag.

what is it that you'd like to happen?

• Author

Like you said, I kind of hope he'll find a girlfriend and move on.

We get along really well and it would be a shame for us to break the friendship because of this. I feel so confused!

ConflictedGuy27
Like you said, I kind of hope he'll find a girlfriend and move on.

We get along really well and it would be a shame for us to break the friendship because of this. I feel so confused!

ironically, about the same time you began your thread, another poster (from the guy liking the girl's perspective) started a relevant thread:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t258831/

take a look. I think you two may be able to gain some helpful insight from each other.

I linked him to your thread, too.

Hmmm...I would make an excuse and not see him.

See--> you already had the talk with him and he doesn't want to get it.

Just be friendly and have coffee if you want to but don't bother to bring anything up. He's not ready to accept the truth so it doesn't matter...even if you give him a talk he'll still think he has hope. Just let time kill the hope.

Still--if you want to send out a clear message or total disinterest...don't have coffee...just avoid him. I know it's mean but it's better than having a conversation.

ironically, about the same time you began your thread, another poster (from the guy liking the girl's perspective) started a relevant thread:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t258831/

take a look. I think you two may be able to gain some helpful insight from each other.

I linked him to your thread, too.

Strange. These kind of coincidences happen a lot with this poster

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2957104&highlight=posters#post2957104

I like it when people start replying to themselves. It makes me feel normal.

If you are real (which I think not) go find a new "best friend"