Does he just want sex?

Gypsy_Soul

So I met this guy for coffee from POF, yes I activated it again after some consideration of it for a few days.

Anyway, before I met him he messaged me a few times saying I seem to be looking for the same things he is, he wants to meet up and chat and no games.

When we met for coffee over the conversation he mentioned that for New Year's he will be celebrating it in Las Vegas at some hotel. He asked me if I wanted to come with him? I told him thanks, but no thanks. I also add that he can easily find readily available dates in Vegas:rolleyes: To which he responds by saying that it's not about that with just anyone.

As the conversation progressed even more, he tells me he's ready for marriage. He's just trying to find the right one. We finished our drinks and then we decided to meet up later in the evening and hang out and play pool. Which we did. We both had a great time. Nothing happened except a simple quick hug goodbye.

He texts me the next day and asks me if I want to come over and just, "chill". Now, I'm really beginning to wonder if this guy is just after sex?

make me believe

I definitely wouldn't go over and "chill" on a second date. That is a set-up for sex, in my experience. He needs to take you on a real date if he's interested in you! The Vegas invitation was really weird, too.

• Author

He said that when he said to come over to his place and chill that sometimes it's just nice to have a woman's company around the house.

• Author

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking. Another thing also, is that he is 30, never been married, and his longest relationship lasted about a year long. He also mentioned he's a momma's boy.

• Author

Yea thanks, I think so too. I wish people would just be honest. Makes things so much easier. Well, the search continues....

• Author

Good points! I will definitely take heed to these. I'm sure this won't be my last and only question.

Well, since hanging up with this guy and asking him about the come over and chill thing, he texted me this:

I do wanna date seriously, I just havent had an opportunity nor someone show serious interest in my eye just yet....

I still haven't answered him. I just don't know how to reply to that. I do believe he's after just sex. So how do I go about letting him down? Or should I give him the opportunity he says he supposedly hasn't had to show me he's really serious?

I just don't know.

Yea thanks, I think so too. I wish people would just be honest. Makes things so much easier. Well, the search continues....

I have to say, any woman over the age of 13 needs to stop wishing people were honest and deal with people a little more skeptically. It's a fine line. And I don't mean you should assume everyone is lying to you, BUT, in 2011, the reality is, people are deceptive.

Use this guy as a lesson learn. Be grateful you trusted your gut and have avoided a situation and as you continue on POF, you really need to expect EVERY guy wants sex. Your job is to do what someone suggested and keep trusting your gut as you weed through the bullcrap. Yea it sucks, but it's reality and it's not going to change no matter how much you wish it would.

I do wanna date seriously, I just havent had an opportunity nor someone show serious interest in my eye just yet....

I still haven't answered him. I just don't know how to reply to that. I do believe he's after just sex. So how do I go about letting him down? Or should I give him the opportunity he says he supposedly hasn't had to show me he's really serious?

I just don't know.

Lol. He's fishing. Since you weren't an "easy" Vegas trip, he needs to up his game and bait you with the relationship angle.

Don't concern yourself about letting him down. He's a 30 year old man that's been in at least one year long relationship. TRUST ME he knows how to show a lady he is serious. He is on POF for a reason.

• Author
Lol. He's fishing. Since you weren't an "easy" Vegas trip, he needs to up his game and bait you with the relationship angle.

Don't concern yourself about letting him down. He's a 30 year old man that's been in at least one year long relationship. TRUST ME he knows how to show a lady he is serious. He is on POF for a reason.

:laugh: Ha yes! Easily agreed.

• Author
That relates too, I haven't found a booty call yet, are you available? If your available, I might be deceptive and take you to Vegas. Look at how maladaptive that is. He wants to fly on airplane with a complete stranger. This dude is one it for one thing, and its not your intellect and wonderful personality and bubbly sense of humor. Don't settle dear, you can do better. Reply, thank you but I am not comfortable with the arrangements you suggests, best of luck. If he texts you again, ignore him.

You're completely right. Thanks for translating 'manspeak' for me. Funny how writing it down helps. Having others point the obvious out helps too:)

That is all maladaptive behavior. I haven't answered him yet, but if he contacts me again I'll lay it on him & ignore.