Update: Work to Personal Relationship

Madgick1

I'm the one who met a guy at a work conference and we hit it off well, and in the 63 days since then, he's been out of town 42 days. In the other 21 days, there was really only one non-Thanksgiving weekend available for a date. However, he's given off "I'm interested in you" signs, body language, responding quickly to texts/calls (most that were supposedly 'business related' but were really nonessential and led to nonbusiness chatter), and mentioning on 3 occasions that when his travel is over we'd get together. I didn't expect to hear from him until January.

I've wondered on LS if he's interested or not, or just being friendly, or what. He's not a shy man, but certainly hasn't been aggressive. I sensed he was interested, but sort of figured he wasn't that into me because, nothing was moving forward--just talk, no action.

I am off tomorrow until the 27th. He got home the day before yesterday from his latet trip. He called today twice on a business pretext getting me the second call. He suggested getting together over a drink about the business; I reminded him it was a classified subject, so we are doing a boxed lunch ordered from Panera at his office on the 29th, and he said we'd discuss getting together for a drink then.

So I guess he is interested in moving the relationship from work to social and seeing where it goes.

There was something else too: I'd suspected that he'd arranged his travel to his home state to visit his family around showing me one of his business' venues, changing the date of visit to accommodate me. He said something today to make me sure that's what happened.

I gotta say this is the slowest pre-courtship I've ever gone thru. Altho he's a gregarious man and seems very confident, I'm wondering if he feels somewhat shy with me? If so, why?

• 3 weeks later...