online guys who call you "gorgeous" "Babe" etc

SunsetRed

I've been giving online dating a try and I'm trying to keep an open, positive attitude about it.

The very first and only online date has already scared/irritated me a little.

He never uses my name, but calls me "Gorgeous" when speaks to me, calls me or texts me. He also calls me Angel and Cute Thang.

We had one coffee date in Oct and he /demanded begged me to kiss him after the date and I said no, as he was creeping me out.

He continues to call/text and call me Gorgeous, Miss Amazing, Sweet Thing. We've only seen each other once and our first date and first meet were the same day.

The Gorgeous thing really bugs me, as I'm 5 years older than him and I'm average looking and it drips of insincerity. Does he think I'm a desperate older woman who will do anything for a compliment?

He's not mean, I can't call him an A-hole, but I am definetly flaking on him and haven't returned his calls/texts since Oct and he's still calling and texting me.

Signs of a true player, Im telling ya.

Just for fun, start calling him names (sextoy, sexy boytoy, p*licker etc), see how he responds...

But yeah, in my experience if a guy keeps calling you georgeous etc on the 1st date, he is a player, well maybe it's not true all the time, but with me this was the case.

BackUpOrGetStung
Signs of a true player, Im telling ya.

in my experience if a guy keeps calling you georgeous etc on the 1st date, he is a player

Not a good one, at all.

In my generation, men often refer to ladies other than their wife by affectionate nicknames (not their real name) in order to not mix up the names accidentally in a moment of passion and to better manage their affair partners, current or potential.

I would agree that this guy is not a good player, and likely isn't a player at all, just some ill-guided male who has unhealthy boundaries. He could also be married.

I hope this won't prejudice your perspective of other gentlemen who might wish to make your acquaintance. We call you by your real name and tend to respect your wishes wrt social interactions and don't blow up your phone. Other ladies await. :)

he isn't a player.

the compliments are likely meant as compliments.

Not sure what to tell you about getting him to go away. Block him on your phone?

Either his vocabulary is very limited, or he forgot your name because he's juggling too many women at once.

Seriously, if you're not charmed by his words ( and really I don't like being called babe either), get rid of him. First impressions can mean alot, it's like an interview for a job. Clearly he failed. Why are you giving him a pass?

loverofloveandstuff
he isn't a player.

agreed. A player would not beg to kiss you. As for the name calling, that sounds so annoying! 'Miss amazing', lol.

Have you told him to stop contacting you? Some guys (and girls) really can't take a hint so you have to spell it out for them. Ignoring them is not enough.

I've been giving online dating a try and I'm trying to keep an open, positive attitude about it.

He never uses my name, but calls me "Gorgeous" when speaks to me, calls me or texts me. He also calls me Angel and Cute Thang.

We had one coffee date in Oct and he /demanded begged me to kiss him after the date and I said no, as he was creeping me out.

He continues to call/text and call me Gorgeous, Miss Amazing, Sweet Thing. We've only seen each other once and our first date and first meet were the same day.

The Gorgeous thing really bugs me, as I'm 5 years older than him and I'm average looking and it drips of insincerity. Does he think I'm a desperate older woman who will do anything for a compliment?

He's not mean, I can't call him an A-hole, but I am definetly flaking on him and haven't returned his calls/texts since Oct and he's still calling and texting me.

Just tell him you're not interested and or that you started seeing someone else, drop those subtle hints.

That would annoy me too. I don't have a cell but if I did, I would just block his number. Why not just do that?

loverofloveandstuff
That would annoy me too. I don't have a cell but if I did, I would just block his number. Why not just do that?

I don't think blocking numbers is possible. :( I know it's not with phone providers in Australia.

loverofloveandstuff
to be honest he is mentally ill or wants to have sex, cut it off completely for your own safety, otherwise you will end up in pieces on a side of a highway

lol, I am hope you are kidding otherwise I think you're the one who is mentally ill!

• Author

Lol, well I don't think he's mentally ill, still I don't want him knowing where I live. If he'd have stopped calling me gorgeous and babe, I'd have maybe given him a 2nd date, but since I know in my heart of hearts that I don't want a 3rd or 4th date and I definetly don't want to kiss or have sex with him, then it's best to leave now and not string him along.