Honesty Sincerity, and Trust

Karen71

After believing these things where important in a relationship and everybody telling me its the right way to be .... How come in almost 40 yrs i havent found anyone....... The people i meet take me for granted and I know i let them, I am gulliable and a con man best friend, I am open and honest with my partner, all the time but then i get used i feel like the worlds doormat,

You are responsible for protecting yourself and also for the messages that you send others. It sounds like you are playing the victim role. Maybe deservedly so. But that's not a pragmatic way to get things to change. You need to figure out how to set boundaries and why you let people walk all over you. That's most important. If you have low self esteem, work on it.

At the end of the day, we teach people how to treat us. If your message is "I'm a gullible doormat that's a con man's best friend," guess who's going to come after you? If you are a confident person with self respect and believe you deserve the best, you will attract more people who will treat you with respect.

We have a large hand in creating our reality. Don't feel sorry for yourself because it won't motivate you. Take responsibility and start working on making your life better.