On the fence

poofie555

I met this guy online about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, he lives in another city comes into town quite often for work. We have been speaking for about 2 months before we me the first time; we had a good time and continued to chat/text/and call each other.

He planned another trip down and I wasn't sure if I was really into him but we ended up sleeping together - we have a strong sexual attracation. But, i wasn't sure if there was really any long time potential. We didn't communicate for a few weeks and then we started chatting/texting/again and he's planning a visit for the holidays.

He is very different from me; I am artsy, cultural, refined and urban. He's spent most of his time in small towns, hasn't had a lot of LTR and is a bit rough around the edges. But, there is a connection. At times, I think I really miss him and want him at others I am think why bother? I haven't been in a relationship for quite a few years and don't know if my "hot & cold" emotions are stemmed from a) fear b) I am not really into him but like the attraction c) can't get past the differences

My friends tell me to just go with the flow and see how things progress. I don't want to hurt him but then I don't know what I want?

Anyone have some insight or similar experiences?