about female coworker

beebee24

Hi, Ok, I don’t even know where to start here. I’m a middle aged with a high paying job. I’ve been working at the same place for several years now. I’ve been happy as can be until this last year.

They hired as new married female coworker that is a drop dead 10. One of the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. They seated her a few cubes down from me. At first she seemed really nice and we were good terms, but I started to notice how very flirtatious she was with the other male coworkers and my self. Sometimes it seems beyond flirtatious to the level of provocative. So, I started to ignore her behavior because I work in a very professional work environment and I’m not at all used to this type of behavior from someone and don’t want to risk my job. After that, for several months I felt like I was being stalked. I did everything I could to avoid this person but she kept suspiciously popping up everywhere I went. She is always walking by my cube, looking in, etc sometimes multiple, multiple times a day. Now she seems very angry with me, I get dirty looks, etc.. but she still keeps popping up. I know for a fact it’s intentional. I know she can hear me walking or talking to someone and she goes out of her way to cross my path.

I am fearful of my job and don’t know what is going on in this situation. Any advice?

SincereOnlineGuy

I'm interested to know the difference between your income and that of her husband...

(yet you should select your words carefully so as not to disclose anything too personal or specific)

If she can hear you talk, can you start talking about your 'girlfriend'? Maybe that would cause her to back off?

Or...

Does your company have a human relations department? It might be possible to have a confidential talk with someone there--say you don't want to press charges or create any trouble for her, but she's making you uneasy. Maybe the company can separate you more? Or ask for their advice. The upside is that your concerns will be noted if she does do something unprofessional or worse.

I'm sorry you are in this position.

Same thing happened to me about 5 years ago. It seemed as I increasingly ignored her / avoided her she just poured it on thicker like I was playing hard to get or something and it was making her crazy and I WAS NOT interested AT ALL.

She eventually quit to move away but made sure to come back in dressed to the nines the day before her move to ask me out and I declined.