Is delayed response time a sign of low interest?

slownumbers81

slownumbers81

I posted about this earlier, but I have an opinion question about it. I met this girl at a party at awhile ago. She emailed me after and since we've been emailing off and on. I normally write back within the day, she usually takes about 3 days to write back. I start to get frustrated and think she isn't interested, and then days later she sends a long, thoughtful, cute email. I asked her out in one of the emails and she responded a few days later that she would love to, said a day that would be good and sent her number.

My questions:

- Is the fact that she always responds slower than me a sign of low interest on her part?

- Should I just move on if I'm getting frustrated already?

I am going though the exact same issue with this guy that I am talking to online, in fact I posted a question about it just yesterday. So I can't really help you, but I can sympathize :)

Here's a good clue. She responded, with a YES no less, and gave you her number. So lets re-cap for even the dumbest of guys on here. She responds, she responds with more than cold responses, she says YES, and SHE GIVES YOU HER NUMBER. If that's not being interested, you need to turn your balls into the nearest hospital to see if they are producing testosterone.

STOP over-analyzing the time frames to email responses. Everyone responds at different times. Just because she's not respond to YOUR f*cked up time frame, doesn't mean she is not interested.

Have you called her? Or are you going to stick to meekly emailing her.

Edited by WTRanger
  • Author
slownumbers81

Haha, thanks WTRanger. You're right I do need to just relax about it. I have a tendency to over analyze and stress and I'm trying to figure out how to NOT do that and just chill out. I actually have anxiety in general, which doesn't bode well for my dating life. I will call, we are hanging out this week.

Here's a good clue. She responded, with a YES no less, and gave you her number. So lets re-cap for even the dumbest of guys on here. She responds, she responds with more than cold responses, she says YES, and SHE GIVES YOU HER NUMBER. If that's not being interested, you need to turn your balls into the nearest hospital to see if they are producing testosterone.

STOP over-analyzing the time frames to email responses. Everyone responds at different times. Just because she's not respond to YOUR f*cked up time frame, doesn't mean she is not interested.

Have you called her? Or are you going to stick to meekly emailing her.

Just accept some people email much more slowly than you do. I have the same issue where I reply to emails a lot faster than most of my friends.

Sounds like she either just doesn't have as much access to email, OR she's just trying to set the pace. But she's definitely interested. :)

I don't see the point in all the emailing when you already know her IRL. Calling is obviously your best course of action, but even texting would be better than all these emails. I mean if she responds every 3 days, you basically speak 2x per week? Silly.

Edit to answer the ACTUAL question: you have only had a couple email conversations, it appears, so no I wouldn't take it as low interest at this point.

Hang out w/ her in person (one on one) before deciding how frustrated you are and whether or not you want to walk