I don't know if I am sexually attracted to my boyfriend anymore?

aimeeg

me and my boyfriend have been together for a year. we are seventeen years old and I lost my virginity to him. I do think we did it too early; we had sex after 4 months.Yes, I did it early and I do regret it. I am young but I am mature and know what I am doing and have gotten myself into. I got on birth control after we started having sex and it messed up my sex life completely. I then got off birth control around early September. I gained my libido back and then went on another birth control which had twice the hormones in it. after a week and a half I went off of this new pill, so I've been off of all pills and all hormones for a little over a month. me and my boyfriend have not had sex in about a month; I haven't been in the mood at all. I think he's sexy, and it hurts me that I'm never in the mood anymore. what do I do? I want to be with him and I want my sex drive back!

How about laying off the pills? They're not as safe as condoms in my opinions especially if they mess with your hormones that much.

• Author
How about laying off the pills? They're not as safe as condoms in my opinions especially if they mess with your hormones that much.

i have been off the pill for a month now, and don't plan on going back on. and i use a condom every time.

There are three listed under my Similar Threads, musemaj11

The pill does weird things to your hormones for sure.. the fact that you still call your boyfriend sexy is a good sign, I doubt the problem comes from him. It takes a while for the pill to get completely out of your system so give it a little time, and maybe try to prolong the foreplay process to get yourself revved up? I hope you figure out what's wrong! I don't think it's anything permanent IMO.

Untouchable_Fire

This is clearly a hormone issue and you need to consult a physician. Also 4 months is not bad, but you should not be worrying about these things at 17.

• Author
There are three listed under my Similar Threads, musemaj11

The pill does weird things to your hormones for sure.. the fact that you still call your boyfriend sexy is a good sign, I doubt the problem comes from him. It takes a while for the pill to get completely out of your system so give it a little time, and maybe try to prolong the foreplay process to get yourself revved up? I hope you figure out what's wrong! I don't think it's anything permanent IMO.

I was only on this second BC pill for a week and a half and now have been off for a month, can the hormones still be affecting me? I hope it isn't permanent or him in general!

• Author
This is clearly a hormone issue and you need to consult a physician. Also 4 months is not bad, but you should not be worrying about these things at 17.

I wish I wasn't worrying about it, but I am. I think also because I am worrying about it, this could possibly be why I am never in the mood. I might be stressing myself out. But I think 4 months is short for a 17 year old. I would talk to my physician or ob/gyn?