Sharing intimate details with someone of the opposite sex

alex1960

Hi there,

As I've posted here before, my marriage has been so so as of late. We're trying to patch things up but it's not easy.

I feel so much pain and anger that I need to confide in somebody who really understands. Recently I've been talking to this female colleague who has been a very good listener.

I read that confiding in someone of the opposite gender (other than your spouse of course) is wrong. Why is that?

Alex

WEll what answers are you looking for?

And it can be kinda bad if your in a marriage because it could lead to cheating on the person your with. But whats the problem?

Hi there,

As I've posted here before, my marriage has been so so as of late. We're trying to patch things up but it's not easy.

I feel so much pain and anger that I need to confide in somebody who really understands. Recently I've been talking to this female colleague who has been a very good listener.

I read that confiding in someone of the opposite gender (other than your spouse of course) is wrong. Why is that?

Alex

I think people say it's wrong, because by confiding in the lady you may create an emotional connections with her, when you should be talking to your partner and deepening the emotional connection with her.

I don't agree with this. I think it is great sometimes to get the perspective of people who are not emotionally involved in the situation. Also a person of the opposite gender will likely have insights that you or your male friends will never conceive of. Also sometimes the confiding is just a case of releasing some strong emotions that would only deepen the gap between your partner and you if you came to her with them.

That's just my thoughts. Take it or leave it.

utterer of lies

Because it often ends in extramarital sex.