Anyone else get the 'Most Attractive' rating from OKcupid?

Sarah1977

Anyone else get the 'Most Attractive' rating from OKcupid? I got the email today and I thought it was weird. I didn't realize they had algorithms ratings my looks. But hey! The computer thinks I'm hot stuff, so that's a plus! I guess.

• Author

I know! I wrote back and asked if the computer was interested in taking me out on a date. No response yet. I guess I'm not that hot after all. :mad:

Damn computers and their mind games....

I'm jealous. All my computer ever does is send me reminders that I should be working, not browsing LS.

Your computer is a player, mine is turning into my mom.

I got that email too when I was using it. It has nothing to do with looks. They just base it off the number of ratings you get for your profile and the number of messages others send to you.

They said in the email that they will start including me in more matches with attractive women and start putting more attractive women in my match quiver or something like that. Ironically, after Okcupid sent me that email, the number of messages and winks I was getting from other women dramatically dropped off. It went from night to day.

So that email is the beginning of your online dating doom. Sorry to break it to you.

I know! I wrote back and asked if the computer was interested in taking me out on a date. No response yet. I guess I'm not that hot after all. :mad:

Damn computers and their mind games....

lol, your circuits aren't all that to him.

Untouchable_Fire
Anyone else get the 'Most Attractive' rating from OKcupid? I got the email today and I thought it was weird. I didn't realize they had algorithms ratings my looks. But hey! The computer thinks I'm hot stuff, so that's a plus! I guess.

I had that. It means you get a lot of clicks and your quiver matches respond positively to your profile.

They send it out to the top 25% base on some kind of algorithm. I think it changes who you see first when looking at profiles.

• Author
I had that. It means you get a lot of clicks and your quiver matches respond positively to your profile.

Yeah, it said that a lot of people put me down as a potential 'Quiver match.' Unfortunately, I have no idea what Quiver match is.

I just thought it was funny because I didn't realize they would bother to track stuff like that. Especially on a free site. Also, the way it was written made it seem like I should be crazy flattered that some computer algorithm thinks I'm 'attractive.'